corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How neighbourly are you? (short story)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How neighbourly are you? (short story)
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Nov 10 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This morning I went up to one of the grit boxes near my house to fill up my bucket, I then distributed said grit on the road and pavement outside the house and a couple of my neighbour's houses. I actually bought a small bag of rock salt from Wickes yesterday but I'm keeping that for emergency use on my driveway (it was like £7 for a small bag FFS )

When I went to collect the grit from the box (in the next street from here) a nosey neighbour that lives a few doors down from the box came out and was like "is it working?" I said "I've only just come to get the grit I haven't used any previously" - she then replies "it (the grit box) was put here for people to do their bit of roads, you know"... I suspect she thought I was thieving it.

Anyways, one of our next door neighbours (the only ones we actually get on with) let me use some of their grit for our driveway as long as I spread some out for them and their next door neighbour, which I didn't mind doing.

She said to me "if everyone did their bit of road around here we wouldn't have problems going up and down the hill" which I agreed with. I think it's such a shame the idea of "community spirit" seems to have gone the way of the dinosaur in society today, everyone just keeps themselves to themselves and doesn't feel obliged to contribute anything towards the immediate area they live in.

Do you have neighbours that couldn't GAF also, or do you actually get on with them and do things like helping to grit your road for yourself and your neighbours?

[Edited on 30-11-2010 by Sam]
mwg

30th Nov 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My neighbours cleared our shared drive of snow yesterday whilst I was at work. Lets me borrow his car jack and any tools if I don't have what I need too.

They move on Thursday though so probably going to end up with some miserable cunts living there now.

If my Mum is baking she will usually make another little separate dish of what ever it is she is baking and take it over to an old fella that lives next door but one to us too. Fairly neighbourly here.

[Edited on 30-11-2010 by mwg]
Whittie

All boils down to being selfish.

Neighbours here are all old anyway, so don't see them much.
kav

where i used to live this guy used to grit the enitire street by him self but where i am now no one really gives a foosh
Norcy91

30th Nov 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We don't have a grit box, our street is like an ice rink
Sam
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon I've gritted about 1/4 of the entire road here by myself. No-one even came out to help me, took over an hour including repeat trips to the grit box up the hill and back.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at my parents house i clear the road outside aswell as the path, also help cars stuck to as it on the start of a hill

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Mad Moe

30th Nov 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually our street is great, everyone is always doing things like this for each other and I'd even consider a majority of my neighbours friends. One of the things I like most about where I live is when we all chip in every year and have a Street BBQ for our friends and family which is always a great day, young and old enjoying food drink with the odd game of football and rounders thrown in to boot.
Robbo

30th Nov 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam, what you just did is the law in Germany and look how well that work, shoudl brign it voer here too!!!
Sam
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Sam, what you just did is the law in Germany and look how well that work, shoudl brign it voer here too!!!

People should be willing to help their fellow neighbours out, we shouldn't have to have a law to make people do it.

I'm not saying we should all get on like a house on fire, but considering our road is used by everyone that lives by it, and the council NEVER grit our road, we should all chip in and do our bit to maintain it when it snows!
AlunJ

30th Nov 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My neighbour is an arse, the rest I've never really spoken to. There's a few poles and that around here. Shame really
No grit boxes round here either so it's usually like an ice rink. I'd be willing to do my bit though if I could

[Edited on 30-11-2010 by AlunJ]
Ben J

30th Nov 10 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our neighbours are a bit wierd. The mother and daughter on one side were okay, but I seem to have pissed off the mum somehow. The daughter is okay tho. She always says hi etc and she's well worth one.

The woman the other side is a miserable bitch.

No grit box round here but we are on a small cul-de-sac and the main road off it is always gritted.

[Edited on 30-11-2010 by Ben J]
Jamie Walby

30th Nov 10 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neighbour on one side is a cunt. Tells shit jokes and is just generally boring.

Neighbour on the other side is fine because we own that property so she never causes any problems We own her.
MatthewR

30th Nov 10 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my neighbours check my bins after they have been collected incase we took theres instead of our own!! WTF its a fcuking wheely bin!! Sad pathetic cnuts!!
AlunJ

30th Nov 10 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My neighbour insists on doing DIY at stupid o clock at night, he won't say hi or anything unless I first say something, his bird always smiles at me and says hello though. I find him a bit weird tbh
Sam
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think some people here need the services of this guy:

AlunJ

30th Nov 10 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I might get myself a landy defender or something to tow people out of the snow, my mate made a killing last year doing that
Robin
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will be gritting the communal car park with grit I'm paying for out of my own pocket as I'm a nice chap.

[Edited on 30-11-2010 by Robin]
Jambo

30th Nov 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My neighbours don't understand what to do in snow so decided to shovel it out of our rous (slope) except instead of making it better they cleared a path in the snow that turned to ice and was fucking lethal!!

Idiots
flybikeslee

30th Nov 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all my neighbours are old and pretty sound, one has died..fingers crossed some young lady moves in
John

30th Nov 10 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just drove out through the snow without any grit.
LeeM

30th Nov 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was ace last year, everyone on my estate was out clearing it up and helping each other out it was liek something out of a film
the estates at the bottom of a hill and its the only way in or out so loads of cars were getting stuck at the bottom
JaffaTB

30th Nov 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd clear my bit and leave everybody else to do their own
sc0ott

30th Nov 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just wheelspin the fuck out my car until i get moving. reversing and forward driving as well
sc0ott

30th Nov 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like to do handbrake turns as well whilst listening to 'scooter' on full blast with all my windows down and heating on full pelt.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How neighbourly are you? (short story) 23 database queries in 0.0149860 seconds