corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » redtop engine frozen

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author redtop engine frozen
8vcorsa

User status: Offline
30th Nov 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all my mate has a nova redtop and his engine has frozen solid from this cold weather is there any way he can get it started so its warm without breaking anything ??
combat corsa

30th Nov 10 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont you put warm water on the engine or keep putting it in the header bottle
philip2

1st Dec 10 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

space heater of similar infornt of it to warm it up and whats your mate doing not running any coolant? bit of a dick move imo!
alan-g-w

1st Dec 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't start it until you're 100% sure it's defrosted, if you take the cambelt out it'll almost definetely mean new valves.
c-benn-c

1st Dec 10 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa redtop did the same thing last year after not driving it for a few days in bad weather. I took most of the water pipes off and just left it to de-frost its self, put all the pipes back on filled her back up and she started first time with no problems
jrdz92

1st Dec 10 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa did this pal today. i took alll my pipes of and poured hot water on and in them and then same wid the water tank.. then just put it back together and obv put water back in.. then start it and the temp will shoot right up but then turn it off 4 bwt half our then go back and start it and it should be fine mate

New Poll