corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Steelies V alloys?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Steelies V alloys?
Mark.W

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 10 at 01:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically will it make any difference in the snow by having the steelies on over the alloys on the front?
Mieran

2nd Dec 10 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on the tyres
Mark.W

2nd Dec 10 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what the tyres maybe.

Was thinking of going to go to the scrap yard in the morning and get a couple of steelies out the boot of a tigra or corsa C.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Dec 10 at 02:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weight makes a minor difference but if you trade good quality tyres with tread for cheap baldy ones you'll make things worse.
adiohead

2nd Dec 10 at 02:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd imagine you wouldn't feel as bad scuffing the steelies. Need winter tyres though.
205tom

2nd Dec 10 at 02:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably better with spacesavers than steelies,even if it's shit, it would brighten up my day

[Edited on 02-12-2010 by 205tom]
Mark.W

2nd Dec 10 at 02:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not too fussed about scuffing my wheels as they could do with a refurb which i might do if i still have the corsa after the winter.

Iv got some good falkens on the front at the min and thought if a got a couple of spares out of the boot from the scrap with very good tyres it might make driving in the snow a bit easier.

Dont want to get them and there be no difference.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Dec 10 at 02:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinner tyres will be better.
Ste
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 03:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The material the wheel is made from is irrelevent. I'd be investing in proper winter tyres. Usually your local part worn tyre shop will have them as they get them from germany cheap and they usually have plenty of tread on them.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Steelies V alloys? 23 database queries in 0.0084710 seconds