corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » my 400d came today..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my 400d came today..
Minty_Fresh

User status: Offline
   9th Dec 10 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just cant bloody work the thing haha..

taking pics and there blured, there to dark, to light...

going to take some practice tbh..

John

9th Dec 10 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure how it can be so difficult, just stick it on auto, even with Av or Tv you can't really go wrong, pick aperture or shutter speed and the camera does the rest, there aren't many reasons to use manual unless you are a bit more experienced and looking for a certain effect.
Minty_Fresh

9th Dec 10 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is on auto, how do i control the shutter speed?

seems to be open quite long and turning the pictures blury..

John

9th Dec 10 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's on auto it takes care of everything, shouldn't be taking dark blurry pictures.

Shutter speed is the Tv mode, or manual.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 10 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't control the shutter speed in auto, it will be decided for you based on the aperture of the lens and the amount of light available.

If there isn't enough light to go fast enough not to blur then the flash should pop out and help you out. If it's not then its either broken or something else is prohibiting it firing. Hence the long shutter.

You could also up the ISO, that will help you reduce blur because you don't need as much light if your sensitivity is higher.
ed

10th Dec 10 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tend to use aperture priority when I'm taking photos in the dark and shutter priority when I'm taking photos of things that are moving. Rarely use manual unless I have a clear idea of what I want to achieve.
AndyKent

10th Dec 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I only use manual in the studio - theres no need for all the faffing about. I could use it if I wanted to all the time, but theres no point.

If the flash doesn't automatically pop out I think there is a little button to make it open. I set my old 400D to only use the flash when I wanted it to, rather than any time it liked. Maybe the same setting is on yours?
Minty_Fresh

10th Dec 10 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yh when its on auto the flash always pops up even though sometimes i dont want it to..

not sure how to stop it from popping up though..

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by Minty_Fresh]
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 10 at 03:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It only pops up if it's required, ie. there's not enough light to go at the shutter speed that you need to prevent blur.
Butler

11th Dec 10 at 03:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
If it's on auto it takes care of everything, shouldn't be taking dark blurry pictures.

Generally though on SLRs, especially older ones like the 400D, the auto mode is pretty pants. Id use AV personally
Minty_Fresh

11th Dec 10 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

getting the hang of things now, read the manual a few times and a few videos on youtube..

John

11th Dec 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
quote:
Originally posted by John

Generally though on SLRs, especially older ones like the 400D, the auto mode is pretty pants. Id use AV personally

I've got a 350d, auto does what it says on the tin, better than my compact anyway.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » my 400d came today.. 23 database queries in 0.0241380 seconds