corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Thieving cunts

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thieving cunts
Ben J

User status: Offline
10th Dec 10 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone nicked my number plates overnight. I live down at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac. No reason to come down etc. No other cars touched, nothing else done. I'm concerned they are going on a cloned car??

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by Ben J]
Eck
Premium Member

10th Dec 10 at 07:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No other reason to nick them really! Call the popo.
stubs

10th Dec 10 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, get it on record that they've been pinched and you should be ok.
Ben J

10th Dec 10 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah on phone to BIB now!! When it gets fully light i'll check the car again for damage but tbh as long as its not damaged i'm happy - checked with a torch earlier. Also got about £400 of xmas presents in boot too!!! They'll be coming out tonight.

Thats my first appointment of the day cancelled!! Meant to be in Stockport at 8.30!!

Strange tho, my plates are personalised. Wouldn't have thought they'd nick personalised plates for cloning?

John

10th Dec 10 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad's personal plate got nicked, not sure where from though, don't think it was the house.
stubs

10th Dec 10 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Yeah on phone to BIB now!! When it gets fully light i'll check the car again for damage but tbh as long as its not damaged i'm happy - checked with a torch earlier. Also got about £400 of xmas presents in boot too!!! They'll be coming out tonight.

Thats my first appointment of the day cancelled!! Meant to be in Stockport at 8.30!!

Strange tho, my plates are personalised. Wouldn't have thought they'd nick personalised plates for cloning?

Personally I think they're daft for pinching them instead of just making them up... More chance of getting caught if they've been pinched as they'll be reported right away.
_Allan_

10th Dec 10 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

My m8's neighbours A4 had his personal plates nicked 3 nights ago as well
I'd also have though they'red be a higher risk of cloning these.
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

10th Dec 10 at 08:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My plates got stolen on Wednesday. Mine are personalised to which is odd...
Tomnova16
Premium Member

10th Dec 10 at 08:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had both mine nicked last year.
Told the police. I haven't been stopped at all neither have I heard anything.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Ben J

10th Dec 10 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, you'd think they just spot numbers and get them made up via a dodgy garage or a "showplates" website where you don't need a V5.

Then no-one would report it etc. They get away with it for a while.

Police said crims are stupid and actually nick plates but usually overnight and use them straight away for a drive off/crime etc etc.

GMP are sending a bobby round!!! Suprised at that tbh.

They've said i'm likely to get pulled over a bit over the next few weeks too! - knowing GMP's performance stats I doubt it very much

BarnshaW

10th Dec 10 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah, you'd think they just spot numbers and get them made up via a dodgy garage or a "showplates" website where you don't need a V5.

Then no-one would report it etc. They get away with it for a while.

Police said crims are stupid and actually nick plates but usually overnight and use them straight away for a drive off/crime etc etc.

GMP are sending a bobby round!!! Suprised at that tbh.

They've said i'm likely to get pulled over a bit over the next few weeks too! - knowing GMP's performance stats I doubt it very much

thing with that is that you have to enter details online and payment details so can be easily traced back to the buyer, it is easier to actually nick them off a car which is weird! hope there no other damage to the car though
stubs

10th Dec 10 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW

thing with that is that you have to enter details online and payment details so can be easily traced back to the buyer, it is easier to actually nick them off a car which is weird! hope there no other damage to the car though

You can have show plates made up no problem at a car show or similar... pay cash and happy days.
BarnshaW

10th Dec 10 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is though if you have a stolen car you will want a plate sharpish so i guess the quickest and best thing to do is just go out and nick one.
Ben J

10th Dec 10 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems so.

The copper that just came round rekons they have been nicked with the intention of putting them on a similar car for a job.

Mainly due to the fact that our road is a dead end, no reason to pass through, no footpaths/alleyways etc.

Lets see if I get pulled!

John

10th Dec 10 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad hasn't been pulled once, suggesting that they haven't bothered their arse as usual, they would however 100% be breaking your door down at 3am if the plate was used for anything.
taylorboosh

10th Dec 10 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the point in reporting is if the plates are used in a crime he isnt blamed..
John

10th Dec 10 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

10th Dec 10 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Admit it Ben, you spanked it through a speed camera this morning and you're trying to get off with it aren't you ?
alan-g-w

10th Dec 10 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh you can see the point in them going for persoanl plates. If the worst case scenario happens to the baddies and they get stopped by the police they can just give them some bullshit about how the plates still need transferred or something. Would give them a bit of opportunity for bullshitting anyway.
Ben J

10th Dec 10 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
Admit it Ben, you spanked it through a speed camera this morning and you're trying to get off with it aren't you ?

No but not a bad idea!!

kennySRi

10th Dec 10 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems such a common thing nowadays. Think it was fifth gear that i was watching last year saying they were going to bring out a plate that shatters when you pull them off the car, im sure something similar will have to come out soon.

Im sure you will have no damage to your car and i wouldnt be worried about anybody coming to break into it or anything, they just wanted the plates for either free petrol or to do a bank job
sand-eel

10th Dec 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe they are that stupid, they think the plates themselves are worth £300+
Woody
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

10th Dec 10 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a bummer but you wait the speeding ticket is on its way haha P
Russ

10th Dec 10 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Serves you right for stealing fro's Korma
RichR
Premium Member

10th Dec 10 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With it being private, maybe its someone with the same name who just wants the plate for their wall?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Thieving cunts 23 database queries in 0.0285590 seconds