corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa 1.6 16v turning over fires but wont fire up :-S

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa 1.6 16v turning over fires but wont fire up :-S
merlokquest

User status: Offline
17th Dec 10 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi there my corsa 1.6 16v sport is turning over it trys to fire up but wont it fires asif its gonna start but doesnt ive replaced plugs and coil still nothing its got petrol to the rail..........it will fire up off easy start any ideas???????? it just died on me other day and i burnt starter out tryin to start it replaced that now along with coil and plugs but still nowt anybody had this problem before
richnovacorsa

18th Dec 10 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the timing, it happened to me with my 1.6 turned out i had snapped the woodruff key off the crankshaft, let me know how u get on,
merlokquest

18th Dec 10 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got it running today mate i stripped the inlet off injector rail all vac pipes sensors the lot just left with the head and i rebuilt it the way i thought it should go in accordance with 1.6 astra sport i had and it fired up i did how ever find a broken elbow joint in a vac pipe????? its running on 3 cylinders now but the coils i replaced mine with is the susspected cause of that cheers for your suggestion pal
richnovacorsa

18th Dec 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done, thats ok mate, bet that was a long old day lol
merlokquest

18th Dec 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

long 3 days lol do you know if the top half of the inlet manifold off a 1.6 astra sport will fit a corsa 1.6?? they look different in appearence astra looks better but was wondering as they both split in two wondering if bolt holes will line up

New Poll