corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa D VXR Enhancement

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa D VXR Enhancement
-Mat-

User status: Offline
28th Dec 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another one to share from about 12months ago

So then, this is a detail that I did on Thursday. This was arranged through a friend, and it was to do his mates Arden Blue Vauxhall Corsa VXR. Nice I thought. I know that the colour looks mint when cleaned up.

The plan was to give it just an "Enhancement Detail". Nothing major, nice simple wash, clay, polish/cleanse and wax. I was already told that there wouldn't be any chance of a PW as there was no hose access due to doing the detail outside their offices.

So then, I arrived expecting to find your "average" dirty car. How wrong I was! :doublesho

Note the buckets of clean water

So, not quiet what I expected. He said he had took inspiration from my Land Rover Defender detail last month. Looks like he not only took inspiration, but that he thought he WAS a Defender

I started off by soaking one wheel at a time with AS Very Cherry. Oh, I must say, I forgot my Vigan and Megs Gold Glass wheel brushes :wall: But luckily had some small one, and noodle mitts.

So I tried my best without a PW. Started on the drivers front wheel, and pulled out a few lumps of clay from the arch.

Here's the water after one wheel, and one wipe of the arch! Yes, just ONE small wipe of the arch.

Leaving about half inch of grit in the bottom:

At this point, I was getting concerned with scratching the paint around the arches, and also the dirt down the side. I had noticed upon arrival that there was a Jet station with a PW about half a mile up the road. So I had a word with the owner, and he let me take it up there just to rinse the car down and blast the arches.... Just used the cheapest (£2.50) cycle which gave me about 5 mins shampoo and probably 5 mins rinse. Don't worry, I did'y use their "brush on a stick"

I had also soaked all the lower panels, wheels, arches etc with Surfex HD at about 5-10% for about 5 mins before setting off to the Jet Wash.

So, back at the office, and the car was now looking like this after a good rinsing.

Now all of that mess was sorted out, let's crack on with the job in hand...

The car (including shuts etc) was washed using 2 Chemical Guy buckets with Grit Guards, Dodo Juice BTBM Shampoo and a lambswool mitt. Then dried using an Ultra Plush Drying Towel from Rubbish Boys.

The paintwork didn't feel too bad. There were spots of tar, but I didn't want to use Tardis for these as I like to give a thorough rinse after using that stuff, but that wasn't possible.

I decided to go ahead with BH Auto Clay and plain old water as "lube"...

After the roof & bonnet

After the passenger side

Drivers side

The clay picked up the tar spots rather well...

Just as I was about to finish the claying process, the owner had popped out to see how things were getting on. He asked if anything could be done with the fog light surrounds as they were looking slightly oxidised/water stained.

Seeing as I had clay in hand, I gave it a go, it shifted a bit of the mess. I folloed this up with a MF and Mark V Uno. Here's the results

before

after

before

after

After the claying stage, the car was given a treatment of Dodo Juice Lime Prime to try and reduce the swirl appearance...

Then onto the grills. These were tricky due to their shape, and also the fact that a lot of dirty water had dried within them

Before

After

50/50

The car was then waxed using Dodo Juice Orange Crush. I got a Panel Pot of this at GTi Inters a few months back, and this was the first time I used it (or and Dodo Juice soft wax for that matter). Went on very nicely, and a small amount spread a long way.

The windows were cleaned using Mark V Window Sheen, tyres dressed with my recent purchse of Megs Tyre Endurance Gel, window rubbers and plastice dressed with AS High Style and the wheels were protected with PB Wheel Sealant.

So, here's some final pictures:

Think that that's about it....

Thanks for reading,

Mat
:thumb:

C&C as always

Here's a few "arty farty" pictures I played around with in Photoshop

My favourite:
gavin18787
Premium Member

28th Dec 10 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good, brave man in these cold climets.

Certainly got his money worth giving it to you like that

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
-Mat-

28th Dec 10 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't he just know it! Did it outside his work, so had no PW, and had to take it to local Jet Wash to rinse most the crap off
noshua

28th Dec 10 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice and shiny...
BarnshaW

28th Dec 10 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good but why not just pressure wash off those massive lumps of clay and save putting all that shit in the bucket
-Mat-

28th Dec 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read the thread......

No pressure washer to hand, so I took it to a near by Jet Wash (in fact, I stated that 3 posts up )

Edit: even if I did have a PW available, I would have "scooped" most of the crap off anyway to avoid the risk of flying debris scratching the car, and paint on the lip of the arches

[Edited on 28-12-2010 by -mat-]
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

28th Dec 10 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks spot on mate

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
mattk

28th Dec 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

missed a bit... inside the wheel where the old wheel weight has been
-Mat-

28th Dec 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I know Didn't have any tardis to get it off
mattk

28th Dec 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was only kidding, done a cracking job
-Mat-

28th Dec 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers fella..... Although the adhesive does let the wheels down. Oh well, this was done over a year ago..... Plenty learned since then
alan t

28th Dec 10 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good results mate.

arden blue is a lovely colour when its clean like that
Robin
Premium Member

29th Dec 10 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I probably would have spent the money fixing the osf wheel arch rather than having the car washed.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa D VXR Enhancement 23 database queries in 0.0172520 seconds