corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What tyres should i get?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What tyres should i get?
Norcy91

User status: Offline
31st Dec 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know theres loads of threads popping around with people asking what tyres they should get, so i thought i might ask as well!

Basically i'm after some 195/45/15s for my Cesaro's. I won't be going on track at all, but i don't mind a "spirited" drive occasionally!

So far i've looked at Toyo T1-R's, Yoko S-drives, Kumho KU31's and a couple of others. I've never had any of these on my cars before, just some Maxxis directionals (surprisingly good!) on my Ibiza and some slightly more budget ones on my Corsa.

What do you lot recommend then? I'd thought about Yoko Parada's but i'd rather get 195/45s than 50 profiles.. Cheers
broster
Premium Member

31st Dec 10 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pilot sports!
Norcy91

31st Dec 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should probably add a budget as well

Not really wanting to spend more than £45 a corner
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

31st Dec 10 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In that case, I'd choose the Kumho's. They are a fairly decent tyre, and very good value for money.

I prefer Goodyear Eagle F1's, but I don't think you'll find them for the budget you've got I'm afraid!
Norcy91

31st Dec 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
In that case, I'd choose the Kumho's. They are a fairly decent tyre, and very good value for money.

I prefer Goodyear Eagle F1's, but I don't think you'll find them for the budget you've got I'm afraid!

Yeah i've heard some good stuff about the Kumho's and they're cheaper than the Toyo's or Yoko's! I know theres better such as the Eagle's and Conti's but theres no chance i'm spending too much on some tyres, Mid-range are plenty adequate for what they'll be used for.
Wrighty_1988

31st Dec 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For englands weather.......Uniroyal Rainsports
Firestate88

31st Dec 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty_1988
For englands weather.......Uniroyal Rainsports 2

[Edited on 31-12-2010 by Firestate88]
Twiggy

31st Dec 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Round ones.....

I will get my coat!
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Dec 10 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

T1R are good for the money although the 45s are slightly more expensive than 50s I think.
Norcy91

31st Dec 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
T1R are good for the money although the 45s are slightly more expensive than 50s I think.

Yeah just had a look and the 45s are about £10 more per corner than the 50s... I have some 50s on the Cesaro's at the minute but haven't had them on my car yet, so might see what they're like and then i can compare them to my old 45s!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What tyres should i get? 22 database queries in 0.0139160 seconds