corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bank/Extra money day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bank/Extra money day
Tommy L

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 11 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if this ought to be in house day, if so, i'm sure someone will move it.

Right, went to American Golf on Boxing Day and spent £168.38. I knew my balance before I went and once i got home checked to see if available balance had reduced and it had. Obviously the transaction doesn't show on the statement for a few days. However 3 days later (I check every day) I had an additional £168.38 in my account (available), but nothing from American golf was showing up either going out or coming in. I had a refund from ladbrokes come in on this day which was showing on my statement not just on available balance, so it's not a case of my statement not being updated due to the xmas period.

So basically, it's 8 days later and I still have this extra money in my account and I'm leaving it available of they were to take it. I've rang the bank and they couldn't see any transaction pending to American Golf etc and my statement is bang up to date bar something i did today.

Not sure what to do tbh as I'd like the extra money and have some free golf stuff in the process Bank is Santander and i've never had this issue before with purchases. I've made purchases, available balance reduces but the actual transaction shows up on statement 2-3 days later.
Whittie

3rd Jan 11 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome, Merry Christmas from American Golf!

Has nothing come out at all from them?

I put 2 cheques in on Christmas Eve, both are showing on the account, but neither have cleared yet! I think the bank holidays have messed a lot up the last few weeks. Give it a few more days?
Tommy L

3rd Jan 11 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh i'm not planning of taking it out. It just seems weird other transactions have gone and cleared etc and they took the money from my account on the day and 3 days later it appears again

[Edited on 03-01-2011 by Tommy L]
strick206

3rd Jan 11 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it is like that now chances are the transaction hasn't gone through for some reason, so you look like you've got a xmas present from American golf

A similar thing happened to me a few years ago, 4 new tyres fitted balanced etc on the 206, 320quid total, the person putting the amount into the card pressed one zero less, and it charged me 32quid never heard anything
Tomnova16
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my banks all over the shot at the min. A few days and it'll probably be sorted

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Tommy L

4th Jan 11 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to leave it til the end of the week because as you say could be messed up due to xmas/bank hols etc. Even after a few days i'm still skeptical of doing anything with it
Ben G

4th Jan 11 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bank balance said i had 680 quid more than i should've had, but in the end it was just my wages from work.

banks are fucked at the moment i think with all the bank holidays an xmas/new year on the weekends.

you might get lucky though, fingers crossed.
Tommy L

4th Jan 11 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just checked again and...it's still there, with transactions i did 2/3 days ago showing on my statement as 4th Jan so looking at it my bank doesn't seem to be affected by xmas etc.

But yeah, fingers crossed. May go 'buy' more stuff from there
Corsa_Sport21

4th Jan 11 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was going to come out it would have came out by now.If it was waiting to come out then it would be deducted from your available balance.
I very much doubt it will come out now tbh.

Maybe something has fuked up on the other end.Alot of happy American Golf shoppers too possibly.
Bobber123

4th Jan 11 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would give it a good 2 weeks mate, ive had stuff not show up for ages once ive bought stuff. if on the other hand, you have not been charged for it, then happy days! i would give it at least a month to be 100% sure the transaction has not been made but just taken a while to show up on your account
JaffaTB

4th Jan 11 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought some stuff on ebay and paid via paypal around the 15th and the cash only came out the wednesday after xmas
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometimes big outfits do their credit card/debit card transactions in bulk at once, if you have a receipt to say they took the money then the likelyhood is the payment has been authorized and its going to come out.

[Edited on 04-01-2011 by willay]
daymoon
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

happened to me few times when buying petrol...

Usually bank takes my money off straight away, but few times nothing happened for 7-10 days.
AndyKent

4th Jan 11 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the same just before Christmas with Tesco. Spent £70-odd quid in store, never got debited from my card until about 10 days later.

Only reason I noticed is that I thought my card had been cloned as I know for a fact I didn't spend any money on it Christmas eve
Ojc

4th Jan 11 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Sometimes big outfits do their credit card/debit card transactions in bulk at once, if you have a receipt to say they took the money then the likelyhood is the payment has been authorized and its going to come out.

Tommy L

4th Jan 11 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Just seems weird that the money left my account for 3 days then came back. Something like this has never happened before when buying other things from American Golf!
Liam

4th Jan 11 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a similar thing like strick, went to subway on xmas eve, paid 52p instead of £5.20.
Brett
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Tesco are a nightmare for this. Taking money out of my account up to a week later

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bank/Extra money day 23 database queries in 0.0108402 seconds