corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » spax coilovers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author spax coilovers
Kev S

User status: Offline
4th Jan 11 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just fitted some spax rsx coilovers to my corsa which I bought second hand and was wandering what heights they do? Both fronts are set to what looks like the highest setting and its low as hell (wheels are in the arches and im only running 14's). I thought that the front would stay almost standard height untill I start winding the platforms down? Any help or ideas would be great thanks
Scotty C

5th Jan 11 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got spax rsx and I think the fronts are like 20mm - 70mm. If u want to higher the car do the platforms up towards the top of the strut.
Kev S

5th Jan 11 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wot do you think of the handling with them fitted? I havnt had the chance to go for it yet because it's arching too much. I'm pretty sure that I have them fitted at the highest setting. Could it be the case that the springs are for a smaller engine corsa?
corsadonk
Premium Member

5th Jan 11 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they at the top or bottom of the threaded section?
Kev S

5th Jan 11 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the top. They don't come with spacers on top of the platforms normally do they? Really need to raise it up atleast 40mm.
Haimsey
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought my spax rsx's did something stupid like 30-110mm F and fixed -60mm rear

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Kev S

6th Jan 11 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just need a way to raise the front up because its really annoying me now. Arches over the slightest bump! If I made some sort of spacer to go on the platform would it make it hell of alot stiffer?
corsadonk
Premium Member

7th Jan 11 at 07:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got any pictures of the strut? You might of missed something out.
Kev S

7th Jan 11 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I havnt because its all still on the car. Might have to swap back to my other suspension over the weekend. I didnt build the strut it just came as it is with adjustable top mounts. Its sooo annoying that nothing ever goes as straight forward as you hope haha
Kev S

7th Jan 11 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres some pics from the ebay listing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320627375345&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_759wt_946

Thanks. For any help
corsadonk
Premium Member

7th Jan 11 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine had a alloy cap on the top of the spring, I've never used them top mounts.
corsadonk
Premium Member

7th Jan 11 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what mine looked like. You might be better off changing over the OE top mounts.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th Jan 11 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was watching those on ebay

glad i didnt get them now
corsadonk
Premium Member

7th Jan 11 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should of bidded on mine in the first place
Kev S

9th Jan 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swapped suspension back to my old ones and think its the top mounts that are screwing things up for me. Even if I wnet back to standard the front of the car would be too low for the driving im going to be doing so I really dont know what to do next. Debating about getting some taller top mounts made up so I can get the clearance, but all depends on the price now
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Jan 11 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say flog them on, and get a spring and damper kit, maybe -40mm isn't too low.
Kev S

10th Jan 11 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
I'd say flog them on, and get a spring and damper kit, maybe -40mm isn't too low.

Ye thats the other thing thats going through my mind. Spring and damper kit would probably be stronger on off road would it? Not sure what to go for tho. Bilsteins or... How much would just the front coilovers be worth to sell?:-S
corsadonk
Premium Member

10th Jan 11 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say get a matched set, So like you said Bilstein, Koni, are great but pricey.

I've got Weitec springs on my normal car, which are better than standard springs, and I've got Bilstein dampers but not fitted them yet.
Kev S

10th Jan 11 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where would be the best place to get prices for bilsteins etc? The only place iv been looking is on eBay and I'm not sure if that's the best.
corsadonk
Premium Member

10th Jan 11 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Online autosport do'em, most places stock them.

New Poll