corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nothing tickles my whippet more

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nothing tickles my whippet more
Ojc

User status: Offline
6th Jan 11 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Than the way pay rises are done in this office, yeah yeah I know I should be grateful for getting one but meh.

A pot of money is given to the managers to distribute throughout their teams, so that basically means if you are a woman that has done the managers shopping for the past year on your lunch breaks you will get more money.

FUCK YOU.

On a brighter note, I've put my name down for redundancy in March if it becomes avaliable, months salary for every year I've been here tax free. 12 years

Thank you chur ching to the tune of 20k.

[Edited on 06-01-2011 by Ian]
Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tax free up to £30k only though
Jambo

6th Jan 11 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a pay cut not pay rise

Boss can do his own fucking shopping
RichR
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool story bro!

Actually, I fucking hate the way pay rises are done at my company - they told everyone in the company in a big meeting that we were getting a 5% payrise just before Christmas and backdated so our December pay packet would reflect this; great news before Christmas.

Then, and I'm sure you've already read this as I've moaned enough about it on here, of the 5 salaried staff in the offices; 4 got extra payrises, one guy getting an extra £5k on top of the 5%!!! The only 1 who didn't get extra was fucking me. They called everyone into the director's office, one by one, and each one came out with a beaming smile - I sat and sat waiting to be called in then never was.

I is hated innit

From Yesterday.......
quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE

Everyone at work got a 5% Payrise which I thought was awesome just before Christmas; then on the Wednesday before I finished for Christmas, I saw each member of Salaried staff (5 in total not incl. Directors) get called into the director's office and come out with a beaming smile; They all got extra payrises. I worked my nutsack off all year, nothing was too much trouble; I even have emails/texts from my bosses thanking me for my effort staying late into the night or for winning contracts - yet I didn't get a penny more than the 5%. The purchasing manager got £5,000 on top of his 5% payrise, putting him on more than me but still doing less work! I'd like to say it was because I didn't pull my wieght last year but I worked ridiculously!!

The year before they dicked me , my appraisal in February 09 inlcuded a Pay rise and December paid bonus of upto £12k, 50% based on personal performance, 50% on turnover. We had the highest turnover we've ever had as a business that year and I knew a bonus was in the offing so I worked every hour on earth, nothing was too much trouble, any tiem of day, travelling any distance, taking on any responsibility and at the end of the year I got the grand total of £35 at Christmas!!!

[Edited on 06-01-2011 by LiVe LeE]
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
On a brighter note, I've put my name down for redundancy in March if it becomes avaliable, months salary for every year I've been here tax free. 12 years

Not a prayer they will pay you 20k to fuck off when there will be folk there who have been thre a couple of years.

Would be nice though
Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

every company will do their utmost to make volutnary redundancies before makign compulsary ones, cost is not an issue
gtitim

6th Jan 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We get an annual rise for an extra yr service, and the inflation based payrise - 2.5% in 2011. We have also had overtime cut to practically nothing, meaning more work gets passed around. I am going to be about 3k down this financial year due to losing the overtime i used to get for dealing with prisoners and incidents.
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
every company will do their utmost to make volutnary redundancies before makign compulsary ones, cost is not an issue

Well if cost aint an issue, why are they making anyone redundant?

Last in > First out
Pablo

6th Jan 11 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had 10% pay cut 18months back jsut got that back this month, not a bonus in sight. Got to be kinda greatful but still sucks
Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:

Last in > First out
cost isnt an issue when talkign about voluntary redundancies.
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:

Last in > First out
cost isnt an issue when talkign about voluntary redundancies.

Just cos youve put your name down, dont mean your gonna get it.

MAny factors will be taken into account.

How long they have worked there.
How good at thier job.
Time off
etc etc
Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless hes the only one who puts in for it...
Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just worked out that sicne the credit crunch hit in Oct 2007, Ive increased my pay by 48%. Score.
Ojc

6th Jan 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yep, I can go work with my dad but that will be made easier if I have a massive lump of capital behind me so I've said to my manager if they need volunteers to go and the package is right then I'll put my hand up and she said it's appreciated as there are woman here that would be fucked if they got made redundant as they work part time and it's quite easy work and very flexible that they wouldn't get else where.
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Unless hes the only one who puts in for it...

Not nesseserliy (sp)
Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary you are thinking only in terms of compulsory redundancies

The 2 are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
RichR
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I just worked out that sicne the credit crunch hit in Oct 2007, Ive increased my pay by 48%. Score.

Since Nov 06, I've gone up by 100% What Credit crunch?
3CorsaMeal

6th Jan 11 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Than the way pay rises are done in this office, yeah yeah I know I should be grateful for getting one but meh.

A pot of money is given to the managers to distribute throughout their teams, so that basically means if you are a woman that has done the managers shopping for the past year on your lunch breaks you will get more money.

FUCK YOU.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/redundancy.dsb

let me know what it comes out as? £3-5k?
Ojc

6th Jan 11 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going on past experience Gary a few years ago when we got rid of our mortgage team a woman put her name forward for redundancy as she knew it was close and it saved a couple of other jobs by her going.

They much prefer voluntary redundancy.
3CorsaMeal

6th Jan 11 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not had a rise for about 3yrs
Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:

Since Nov 06, I've gone up by 100% What Credit crunch?
Amen brother (I mean that in a lyrical way, not as in colour)
Ojc

6th Jan 11 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

FUCK YOU.

Thats statatory reduandancy Jim, that's the minimum they can pay you. Big companies usually give a lot more.
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Going on past experience Gary a few years ago when we got rid of our mortgage team a woman put her name forward for redundancy as she knew it was close and it saved a couple of other jobs by her going.

They much prefer voluntary redundancy.

Seems backaward. Making folk redundant to save cash etc. Then paying someone a years wage to fuck off.

Robbo

6th Jan 11 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its to avoid bad publicity and also not mugging people off for their livelihood. it is daft in many ways but redundancy is all about reducing the cost base. a one-off payment of maybe 60% of a years cost (benefits, hols, bonus, ni etc) to save maybe 5 years of everything
3CorsaMeal

6th Jan 11 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

FUCK YOU.

Thats statatory reduandancy Jim, that's the minimum they can pay you. Big companies usually give a lot more.

if you get 20k will you then be able to afford to play BFBC2?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nothing tickles my whippet more 22 database queries in 0.0118980 seconds