corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa 1.4 sport over fueling

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa 1.4 sport over fueling
griffo8606

User status: Offline
15th Jan 11 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on start up car is fine but after it comes off choke it starts over fueling with grey smoke,i have just fitted a new cts but no joy any other ideas?
Phillips_91

15th Jan 11 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lambda? i'm on a similar problem mate, so far i've changed lambda and cts, gonna try egr this week see how that goes?
griffo8606

15th Jan 11 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate since chaning the cts its not smoking as much but still smells bit rich
Phillips_91

15th Jan 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

funily enough mine didnt smell rich but was going through a tank in 200 miles no matter how i drove it
And since changing the cts, everytime i start it stinks of fuel the lambda really helped on mine as it as knackered and came out black as the ace of spades so i'm trying to stop the overfuelling before i knacker another lambda

I'm going to try egr tho and hopefully that will sort it for good, and will hopefully stop this poor idle i've got, if not my mate told me about some laser cleaning or something he had done on the injectors on his crx, apparently it dropped his hydrocarbons from a few hundred to just 2 and thinke he said it only costs around £80 worth a punt imo even just for making it run cleaner
griffo8606

16th Jan 11 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate let me know how u get on,think I mite give the cat ago next as its having a new exhaust any way and give it a service and try the emisson test again.
Phillips_91

16th Jan 11 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the cat wont actually stop it from overfuelling, overfuelling actually damages the cat so it probably has failed, but it would get you through an mot just be brute cleaning force, but would still have to sort out the overfuelling
griffo8606

18th Jan 11 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any ideas guys

New Poll