corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just nearly got a parking ticket :@

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just nearly got a parking ticket :@
Bobber123

User status: Offline
19th Jan 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was dropping the missus off at work in the town centre when I ran out of fuel down a side street, anyway when I came chugging to a stop I was on double yellows wich I know is wrong but I was hardly parking or waiting there... As soon as I stopped the parking wanker/warden clocked me and rushed over to put my details on his pc thing, I said I've just ran out of petrol and I'm filling it up!! Anyway, luckily I had a fuel can with a couple of quids worth in it in the boot. I diddnt however have the filler tube for it so I had to cut the bottom off a bottle and use that, as I was doing it the parking warden was stood looking at his watch as I had 2 minuets to move. As I was rushing and using half a bottle I spilled loads down the side of my car I'm so fucking pissed off! He saw me stop amd jump out to get my jerry can out yet still got ready to do me a ticket if I was a second over 2 mins... I could have sooo easily smacked the tosser, there was no need for it at all!

Anyway, that's my mornings rant over.
chrisritch

19th Jan 11 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking jobsworth cunts
RichR
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd have had grounds for arguing the ticket to be honest; you can't predict a break down.

The one's local to me have had a bollocking over Christmas as they booked a load of cars on the town carparks because they didin't have a clearly displayed parking ticket - they weren't clearly displayed because ti was snowing and the wardens argued that on health and safety grounds, they were not allowed to clear the snow from the windscreen - stupidly though, they were allowed to lift the wiper blade to put the ticket under.

There is no common sense in these kind of "public services"
Brett
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose it's the wardens fault you ran out of fuel?
RichR
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was wrong; running out of fuel wouldn't be deemed as a get out clause

quote:
When driving, it is your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle is roadworthy and will not break down.

'Foreseeable' problems such as running out of petrol/water/oil/brake fluid, or problems that have been happening for a while, e.g. not being able to start the vehicle, are no excuse and so you will still be liable for the Penalty Charge Notice.

Emergency problems such as flat tires, collisions or the engine falling out can, at the Council's discretion, be accepted as valid reasons for cancelling your Penalty Charge Notice.

If you break down you should notify the Council as soon as possible to avoid the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice. Call the enforcement line on 020 8744 0462 so that you can be given a 'not to book' reference to display in your windscreen. This will notify any Civil Enforcement Officers who see your vehicle that it should not be issued a Penalty Charge Notice.

In all situations the please ensure you remove the vehicle, if illegally parked, within 24 hours. Failure to do so will render you liable for any penalty charge notice issued.
R Lee

19th Jan 11 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are doing their jobs and have a target to meet.

Still a bunch of twats though.

I got a parking fine even when my ticket was displayed
ed

19th Jan 11 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aren't they supposed to spy you for 10 mins before issuing the ticket? I know they don't because I got one at 1758 before when the free parking outside my old place started at 1800 and I think I arrived at 1757.
chrisritch

19th Jan 11 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE

quote:
When driving, it is your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle is roadworthy and will not break down.

'Foreseeable' problems such as running out of petrol/water/oil/brake fluid, or problems that have been happening for a while, e.g. not being able to start the vehicle, are no excuse and so you will still be liable for the Penalty Charge Notice.

Emergency problems such as flat tires, collisions ,or the engine falling out can at the Council's discretion, be accepted as valid reasons for cancelling your Penalty Charge Notice.

If you break down you should notify the Council as soon as possible to avoid the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice. Call the enforcement line on 020 8744 0462 so that you can be given a 'not to book' reference to display in your windscreen. This will notify any Civil Enforcement Officers who see your vehicle that it should not be issued a Penalty Charge Notice.

In all situations the please ensure you remove the vehicle, if illegally parked, within 24 hours. Failure to do so will render you liable for any penalty charge notice issued.

Happens alot?
Fro

19th Jan 11 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine falling out

Edit: feck sake Chris

[Edited on 19-01-2011 by fro-dizzle]
Brett
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Of course it wouldn't It's a totally fucking retarded mistake. Never happened to me.

EDIT: Honestly, the amount of times I've had to save friends and my brother because they've broke down with no fuel. It's so stupid. Don't make the journey if you've not got enough fuel, simple.

[Edited on 19-01-2011 by loafofbrett]
RichR
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Aren't they supposed to spy you for 10 mins before issuing the ticket? I know they don't because I got one at 1758 before when the free parking outside my old place started at 1800 and I think I arrived at 1757.

No apparently that's a myth as well - as soon as your car is unattended, it is deemed to be stopped; you can only stop on double yellows for passengers to board or alight the vehicle and where loading/unloading is permitted. You must nto stop or wait at any other time
belton

19th Jan 11 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that serious? Imagine driving down the toad and your engine falling out! Must of happened to some one.
Yea I do think it's wrog they work on commision
ed

19th Jan 11 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was on a C4 documentary about parking wardens in London, can't be fucked to see if Birmingham has the same rules. I think I nearly got one parking on single yellows yesterday, couldn't see a sign anywhere stating the hours but a taxi driver was going nuts at me is some fucking weird language when I came back
SteveoBC
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I nearly got caught down the gym the other day, it's rammed at the best of times but at the end of the parking space rows thers enough room for a car on the end next to the last space

I came out to find a parking lady jus finishing writing a girl a parking ticket for parking the same way I had on the end of the parking spaces

asked "have i got one?" she goes "not yet, you will in 10 seconds tho"getting her machine ready
"right I'm off then better luck next time fatty!" jumped in quick and pulled off before she had time to get her camera out haha
alan-g-w

19th Jan 11 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:

I wonder where one might get a hold of one of these 'not to book' signs to make up a few copies.
ed

19th Jan 11 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had that once. The guy was just printing it so I stuck the car in gear and drove off using the starter motor I was trying so hard to get away

So glad I don't park on street anymore!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if you run out of fuel on the motorway im sure its an offence
RichR
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only run out once; the dials on the corsa used to stick on hot days; the speedo and fuel gauges; normally a quick flick on the plastic released them but this one day, the speedo was moving fine so I didn't bother with the fuel; then I ran out 1/2mile from home
chrisritch

19th Jan 11 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've only run out once; the dials on the corsa used to stick on hot days; the speedo and fuel gauges; normally a quick flick on the plastic released them but this one day, the speedo was moving fine so I didn't bother with the fuel; then I ran out 1/2mile from home

I ran out in my ZR because i was waiting for the fuel warning light to come on before i filled up, it didnt have one as it turned out
chrisritch

19th Jan 11 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Engine falling out

Edit: feck sake Chris

[Edited on 19-01-2011 by fro-dizzle]

Bobber123

19th Jan 11 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I've only ran out of fuel twice in my life, once in my mk4 astra and now in this corsa I've had about a week... O well. Atleast I know where it will actually run out now
RichR
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried but never managed to run out in the Audi - I went 60miles passed zero miles in the tank and bottled it so filled up
MarkSport

19th Jan 11 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You'd have had grounds for arguing the ticket to be honest; you can't predict a break down.

you can in that case, its called a fuel gauge
pow
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love a good game of race the warden. Love it when you get in the car and drive off before they can get you
chrisritch

19th Jan 11 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

I love a good game of race the warden. Love it when you get in the car and drive off before they can get you

I saw someone in daventry drive into a parking warden as they were putting the ticket on the windscreen

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just nearly got a parking ticket :@ 22 database queries in 0.0547149 seconds