corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Yokohama tyres

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Yokohama tyres
ste_p23

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 11 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking a investing a in a set of Yokos for some new wheels that i have lined up in the next few weeks. I want the best of the best for road driving (wont be doing anything on the track) as i dont like to cheap out on tyres.

Ive had Yoko's on all my previous cars but cant remember for the love of me which ones but i found them great.

Ive had a look on there Uk based website and there are the following options of tyre:-

Parada.

AVS Sport.

A539'S

S306.

Was just wondering if anyone on here who knows a good amount about tyres would be able to tell me which is better and why?

They are for a Seat Ibiza Fr 1.8 that should soon be pushing out around 210 BHP.

Cheers
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

2nd Feb 11 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had A539s in the past, wasn't too impressed, ok (that's just ok, not good) in the dry, crap in the wet. Can't say much about the others
ste_p23

2nd Feb 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i cant seem to see much on them online so i think i mite just go for the Parada's
AshWatson

2nd Feb 11 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my old corsa B i had yokohama s-drives which were a great all round tyre amazing in the dry and still good enough in the wet for you to be able push it abit and feel confident and still in control

On my current corsa c SRi CDTi 1.7 fitted with a DTUK tuning box and turbo back exhaust system making it really torquey im running yokohama parada spec 2's which are the sorta semi slick jobbies, in the dry they handle the torque and put the power down ace without just spinning the wheels like budget tyres do and its amazing in the corners but in the wet they tend to spin the wheels in lower gears and not feel as stable as the s-drives on corners in the wet, hope this essay helps lol
Ste
Premium Member

2nd Feb 11 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See here. CS users opions on tyres

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=509833

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Yokohama tyres 23 database queries in 0.0092850 seconds