corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » N/A

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author N/A
ollie20

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 11 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently brought a 1.6 Corsa sport but I've had it about a month and I already done alterntor but took it to the mechanic and he saying it needs all new brake system,new exhaust system but down pipe needs new bolts and needs a new cambelt and got a major oil leek was wondering what people should think I should do keep it or sell it? Cheers
Ste
Premium Member

2nd Feb 11 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll probably spend more fixing it than what it's worth. You'll see over £200 in scrap for it and can then buy a decent one

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

2nd Feb 11 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's with the title? And considering you've only had it a month, did you not have a good look over it before you bought it? You'd notice the oil leak, and hopefully have negotiated a lower price as the cambelt needs doing.
Ste
Premium Member

2nd Feb 11 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assumed he meant he had a naturally aspirated car

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Feb 11 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really complain about spelling on here much but why is it so hard to say bought instead of brought??

Really pissed me off.
ollie20

2nd Feb 11 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And to be honisted dont no ehat eith the title lool There was oil on the engine but since I had it it got worse I no it a 13 year old car goin to have probes but didn't anticipate this much aggro and I paid 800 but I'm understanding I think I got MUGGED
deano87

2nd Feb 11 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
2nd Feb 11 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah not the best deal that one.

Are you able to do any of the work yourself?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

2nd Feb 11 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W

I assumed the same Ste, until I opened it and then found nothing at all relating to that fact
Dave_Sport

2nd Feb 11 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that much work required, you'd be better off breaking it or scrapping it or get a second opinion on the work required, an oil leak can probably be fixed relativley cheaply, new brakes well thats an ideal excuse to up grade as is the exhaust a cambelt by some one who knows what there doing can be done in an hour, depends what your plans are/were and your budget.

dave
ollie20

3rd Feb 11 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave_Sport
that much work required, you'd be better off breaking it or scrapping it or get a second opinion on the work required, an oil leak can probably be fixed relativley cheaply, new brakes well thats an ideal excuse to up grade as is the exhaust a cambelt by some one who knows what there doing can be done in an hour, depends what your plans are/were and your budget.

dave

What sort of brakes could I convert them to 2litew astra or vectra brakes and for the exhaust I got a whole new system but can't fit it I can't get the bolts of the down pipe tried to get sumone at the garage but they broke 1 bolt already so he was saying needs drilling for new bolts etc etc and had to mechanics look at the oil leek they couldn't find it so bit :s and jet washed it and I got a bit of cash about 1200 but duno if it better to buy new Corsa or just do this one up what wd u do?
Stuart H

3rd Feb 11 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New breaks is easy enough , seen 2.0 breaks on here for cheapness , new exhaust system is cheap as well , its a good excuse to upgrade as already said before , cambelt can be expensive if done through a garage. Got a mate thats a mechanic?

Oil leak cant be THAT much tbh can it lol
ollie20

3rd Feb 11 at 03:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartyboy09
New breaks is easy enough , seen 2.0 breaks on here for cheapness , new exhaust system is cheap as well , its a good excuse to upgrade as already said before , cambelt can be expensive if done through a garage. Got a mate thats a mechanic?

Oil leak cant be THAT much tbh can it lol

I wd let ya mechanic have a look see if he couldfind the oil leek but u live in Scotland and I'm Luton so bit of a mission lool and the oil leek really bad had to pole look at it and they can't find it so sumo what for best scrap it of maybe do it what u think best? Cheers
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Feb 11 at 08:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Say whaaaaat!!!??

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » N/A 23 database queries in 0.0123410 seconds