corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Dirty water pump

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dirty water pump
Terry12

User status: Offline
5th Feb 11 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My back garden is flooding when it rains because the drain is blocked or it doesnt run into the waste water system.

There is a lined hole which should be a drain, Until I can get rid of the water I can't find out if it does go into the drains or not.

I need to buy a cheap inline pump. Where's best to get one from?
Dan
Premium Member

6th Feb 11 at 08:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/65041/Landscaping-Outdoor/Watering-Irrigation/Water-Pumps-Fittings/Electric-Water-Pumps/Automatic-Dirty-Water-Pump-400W-240V

I have one of these. Great bit of kit. Then just bought some 1in bore tubing from local hardware store.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Terry12

6th Feb 11 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dan, I did look at that. Is there an inlet and outlet on the pump or does the water get sucked in through the body??? I need one that I can have 2 lengths of hose, 1 to go down the hole and suck the water out and the other to pump it into a near by drain pipe.
Dan
Premium Member

6th Feb 11 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, its one that sucks through the body.

Can you not drop it inside the drain?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Terry12

6th Feb 11 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how wide the body is, the drain is only 6-8" wide.
Gary
Premium Member

6th Feb 11 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/65041/Landscaping-Outdoor/Watering-Irrigation/Water-Pumps-Fittings/Electric-Water-Pumps/Automatic-Dirty-Water-Pump-400W-240V

I have one of these. Great bit of kit. Then just bought some 1in bore tubing from local hardware store.

B&Q do one just like that for about a tenner less. I have one in my cellar for when it floods
Terry12

8th Feb 11 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a mooch on B&Q website and found this one for £10, I'll be picking one up on Thursday (pay day).
Thanks for the heads up.

New Poll