corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » David Camerons speech

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author David Camerons speech
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Feb 11 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12371994

lol at the angered/disappointed people, they all appear to be muslims

good speech imo
CorsAsh

5th Feb 11 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
good speech imo
Steve
Premium Member

5th Feb 11 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of the quotes in that article from disappointed people are straight out of fad and dr peppers guide to left wing politics
Marc

5th Feb 11 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
dr peppers guide to left wing politics

I don't listen to anything that guy has to say anymore.
Aaron

5th Feb 11 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havn't watched the video, i've only seen the headline in a number of places.

To say that multiculture has "failed" means that it at some point must have been a success...which in my opinion, it hasn't. It never got going, and never will in my opinion.

Now that this chump in number 10 has said this, why not ship out all the ones we dont want, and keep the ones who appear to he useful?
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Feb 11 at 23:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
To say that multiculture has "failed" means that it at some point must have been a success
Not necessarily, just means the policy of doing it has resulted in worse conditions.
Butler

6th Feb 11 at 02:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will never work.
Dr Pepper

6th Feb 11 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
dr peppers guide to left wing politics

I don't listen to anything that guy has to say anymore.

im going to cry myself to sleep now.

Seriously - if you cant see why cameron has said this, and what his aims are from saying this - then you are retarded. He isnt actually promising anything, ok. There is no plan of action for how this clamp down on muslim extremists will happen. Theses are just big words, designed to appeal to insecure people. Basically, Cameron is happy as long as he is in power. That is all he is interested in - everything he says is designed to keep power, not to help us go forward as a country. Labour were exactly the same. This isnt a policy, these are not his real views ... all he is doing is saying something that sounds good to anyone ... and everyone. He is vote grabbing. There is no sign of a policy or something he is actually going to do.

The back bench tories are kicking off because they think the liberals are holding them back. They dont see Cameron as a real Tory. They think he is dumbing down the Tory party and they are no different to new labour ... they are right - thats exactly what cameron has done.

This speech is designed to get the Mail on Sunday headlines - so cameron looks like the big, bad Tory leader ...instead of the weak, power hungry, fevered little ego that he really is. And it gives the papers something to debate - other than the fact that youth unemployment is at record levels, and the first quarter figures suggest double dip recession could be a possibility ...much better for cameron if we all start muslim bashing instead.

Its just waffle - I dont see why anyone even takes any notice of crap like this

"Frankly, we need a lot less of the passive tolerance of recent years and much more active, muscular liberalism," the prime minister said.

That is an astonishingly vague, wishy washy, crud statement to come out of the mouth of our primeminister. It doesnt really mean anything specific . Iit appeals to left and right wingers in some form. Its just trying to say what everyone wants to hear and making it sound like a policy - its not a policy - he is not committing to changing anything. Its a big, complicated subject this - And i would like to hear a bit more in the way of actual policies from cameron to solve the problem - and a bit less media whoring.

He go's on....

"Let's properly judge these organisations: Do they believe in universal human rights - including for women and people of other faiths? Do they believe in equality of all before the law? Do they believe in democracy and the right of people to elect their own government? Do they encourage integration or separatism?

"These are the sorts of questions we need to ask. Fail these tests and the presumption should be not to engage with organisations,"

What a load of rubbish - The Tory party wouldnt even pass that kind of test - they are sexist, rascist, anti most faiths other than christianity, they encourage seperatism and certainly dont believe in equality of all before the law ....some very rich tory cabinet members dont even believe they should have to pay tax-they certainly dont belive in equal human rights

This kind of speech is what I hate most in politics --- not what he is saying - but the fact it is just waffle... no policies, no leadership, no actual ideas .... just a vague critisism of the previus governments policies, then what should happen in an ideal world, and some vague commitment to doing things in a new and better way. Complete load of tosh - anyone dumb enough to get taken in by bulshit like this needs to think more.

And dont label me a liberal or a lefty- im fucking not - im pretty hardline as it comes, I just dont fit into any of the parties, and I dont like to be spoon fed bulshitt by people that dont represent me, or my friends or my family - they represent the upper classes ---- I want some fucker to sort this country out and lead us, stop having our fate controlled by bankers, tesco and richard murdoch, and teach kids to play sports or build shit that we can sell .... I couldnt give a shit about mutliculturalism - it works imo - i like black culture, music ect ....its religion that is the problem, not race - and the Tory christians are no better than the israeli jews or the muslim fundamentalists - they are all cunts..but cameron wont say that, or anything else that is truthful - because he will lose votes, and thats not what he is all about.....Party politics is dead to me - it doesnt work

[Edited on 06-02-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Dr Pepper

6th Feb 11 at 02:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy really is incredible

The title of his speech is - state muticulturalism has failed. Yet the speech is exclusively about how muslim integration has failed in this country, and about clamping down on extreme muslim groups. No other race, cultures or religions are mentioned. Thats all very well - i agree with him...but where in that speech does he give any indication of how this will be done? Words - thats all it is. He doesnt intend to act on this speech - he just wants some headlines in the sunday papers that are not negative for the tories.

And what about clamping down on all the other religions? ... Why are leading christians given places in the house of lords just because they are christians- what about some of the crazy jewish groups funded and run in this country....thats ok because we need them for our banking recovery I take it. What about when the two christian leaders of the uk and the usa got together and sent thousands of young men to their death in iraq - for dubious reasons. And had a war which has resulted in 80% civilian casualties

This is basically just Cameron saying he thinks we should clamp down on muslims- but not committing to do it in any way, and not treating other religions with equal contempt. By next week you, me and Cameron will have forgotton this speech. He has made the headline, he has got his 5 minutes news coverage - and it will be forgotton about....probably untill he needs to cover up some more bad financial figures -so the muslim bashing will come out again.

Are we actually supposed to take any of these fuckwits seriously?

We have had a right of centre government in this country since the late 1970,s - that includes new labour ..... so have america. The biggest news papers, news channels and banks in the world are controlled by right of centre politics. Is it really going so well? Can you really see it getting better under cameron? Or the liberals or labour? This is why I dont vote - party politics does not work - all you get is pissy little arguments like cameron is stoking up here. You dont get real change, they just fiddle around the edges - because whoever gets into power is terrified of taking risks and getting voted out - so they justhide the real facts, talk about the previous parties failings untill they get booted out, then the new party starts the cycle again

When the choice is between cameron, cleg or miliband you have to take a look at egypt and wonder how long we wait before we all go down to london and demand a proper government

I suppose it works- because people on here have said "good speech" "the lefties wont like that" ..... why the fuck should any of us like it. He is taking us all for idiots here - he is grabbing a headline or two .... and you are actually dumb enough to think he is going to be able to clamp down on muslim extremists, or that he even intends to try. As long as we are talking about muslims, and not the governments failings then Cameron is very happy.

They will keep spoon feeding you this shit unless you actually start to understand why he has said it, and question what he is actually going to do to achieve his big ideas.

Brett
Premium Member

6th Feb 11 at 02:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...sooo misunderstood
Dr Pepper

6th Feb 11 at 02:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a rant there but im waiting to pick a few mates up from town so i had an hour to kill
CorsAsh

6th Feb 11 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
...sooo misunderstood
What's the worst that could happen?
Steve
Premium Member

6th Feb 11 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wether or not or david cameron has a valid solution to the problem, he is 100% correct in what he says, muslims have failed to integrate.

Black people have integrated, chinese has, polish have etc etc but muslims simply havent

All this is backed up by Lord Carliles report that the uk is a save haven for terror suspects

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12356563

i also dont buy that they havent integraed because they fear racism, or that we are hostile towards them so they stay in there own groups

load of rubbish
richc

6th Feb 11 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
quote:
good speech imo

richc

6th Feb 11 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Muslim community (majority), don't want to. They believe islam is superior, hence why the don't want anything to do with us. They are only hear for the money. They constantly moan about this place. If they give any other reason, they are talking bollocks.

Dr Pepper

6th Feb 11 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah- I've heard all this a thousand times before

None of you are giving any solutions- neither is Cameron.

That's because the solution is complicated, very expensive and politically risky.

Here is how you make Muslims integrate - ban all faith schools, don't let anyone settle here unless they are prepared to learn English Move Muslims and other immigrants into nice, rich, White, Tory neighbourhoods rather than letting them settle together in poor towns that are already bursting with social problems, unemployment and poverty. Improve our schools- especially the history departments, critisise Israel publically- and put financial sanctions on them untill they stop breaking international law in the westbank and garza. Withdraw from Iraq and Afghanistan quickly- give them massive loans to rebuild the countries we have ruined for 30 years- and don't invade countries for selfish reasons again. Never again should we protect and bankroll people like saddam Hussein, Sharon, al quiada or the egyption president- and stop dealing arms with politicslly unstable and undemocratic nations

You really think Cameron plans to do any of that- because if not his speech I'd just empty words- a smokescreen to stop us talking about the shocking state the country is in

Nath

6th Feb 11 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Politics is the most boring thing in the World.
Dr Pepper

6th Feb 11 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Politics is the most boring thing in the World.

Ours is- load of pr men like Cameron, cleg and miliband who will do or say anything they think will sound good to their voters- none of th really want to change anything.

Cameron had no intention of either improving Muslim integration, or removing Muslims from the uk- it's all just cheap words from him to make him look credible to daily mail, sun readers- I can't believe anyone actually thinks this is a good speech- who cares what he says if he has no intention to follow up his big speech with any actions
Marc

6th Feb 11 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
im going to cry myself to sleep now.

Well you started it
Ben G

6th Feb 11 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love the way he recognises that as a country, we've been too worried about what ethnic minorities (majorites now) might think but not worried about what they say about us.
Dr Pepper

6th Feb 11 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here you go- Cameron got his daily mail story which portrays him as a hardlone Tory - obviously he isn't really

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1354100/David-Cameron-attacks-multiculturalism-Labour-row-Islamic-extremism.html

Mission accomplished for him - he has the story he wanted, he looks tight wing so Tory backbenchers will shut up for a while, nothing has actually changed- and nothing will change - the only thong he has promised to do is cut funding for extreme Muslim groups- why the fuck are we giving them any funding? And shy do we continue to fund and support other radical religious groups- like the Israeli government for example
Ben G

6th Feb 11 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
Muslim community (majority), don't want to. They believe islam is superior, hence why the don't want anything to do with us. They are only hear for the money. They constantly moan about this place. If they give any other reason, they are talking bollocks.

so true. blokes in my work (muslims) constantly whinge about how much work we have to do even though they're on 35k a year basic + overtime and they do all the overtime possible.

if you don't like it, go back to your country ffs give some british people a chance to get a job.
Dr Pepper

6th Feb 11 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i love the way he recognises that as a country, we've been too worried about what ethnic minorities (majorites now) might think but not worried about what they say about us.

So what? What is he going to do about it? Of corse you like his speech, it is aimed at people like you- who think immigrants are now a majority lol. I agree with much of the sentiment in his speech- but Cameron wrote it with a team of advisers, it's designed to start the right wing media moaning about immigrants and Muslims

These are not camerons actual views- and he certainly isn't planning on doing anything to solve the problem

Ben G

6th Feb 11 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he isn't going to do anything about it, i know that.

someone wrote that speech for him, he's just a puppet.

but it's still good to hear those words coming from the PM's mouth.
Ben G

6th Feb 11 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G it is aimed at people like you- that thinks immigrants are now a majority lol.

they are in the world i live thanks.

my work is full of them, white people are a minority there. i didn't say anything about them bing a majority over the whole of the UK did i?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » David Camerons speech 22 database queries in 0.0140078 seconds