corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance Day
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   12th Feb 11 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might just go mental; Absoloute fucking joke the lot of them

My renewal on the A3 with declared remap was £420 last year; a month later I sold the car and bought the Jag; the insurers wanted £25 admin fee and the premium went up by £45 so all in the Jag cost £490 last year.

This years rates

HIC: £1037.00
Aviva: £1250.00
Direct Line £1300.00
Admiral £650.00

I'm 27, 9Years(total) NCB; 1 non fault accident (car crashed into when it was parked on the drive), no points, car parked on a driveway at night and insuring the biggest piece of shit X Type 2.0Diesel Grandad car.

Why am I being quoted such fucking ridiculous prices? Any insurance recommendations before I go all Nimrod down the phone
BarnshaW

12th Feb 11 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

160 quid increase from last year after the recent rises isnt too bad tbh
RichR
Premium Member

12th Feb 11 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Admiral aren't too bad but that's not strictly like for like; I get an uprated courtesy car with the others; that one I get a basic courtesy car but I'll proabbly end up with them tbh

I've run a quote through on an A3 and can insure it pretty much for the same as last year.
Ben G

12th Feb 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

admiral are good (same as elephant).

even though you might see the jag and an old grandad car, it is still sort of prestige in most peoples eyes. maybe a lot of them get nicked?
RichR
Premium Member

12th Feb 11 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that's who I'll end up with but between car insurance and phone insurance I'm not happy!

Fucking wing mirror motor has corroded through as well so the mirrors dropped out now - I fucking hate the car; nowhere enar as practical as the A3, not as quick, not as fun, not nice to look at - I made a big mistake buying this bloody car........

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Day 22 database queries in 0.0152259 seconds