corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bodyshop price question......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bodyshop price question......
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
19th Feb 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking to get my side-strips colour coded.

How much do you think it would cost from a bodyshop??

I could do them myself no probs but im thinking it might be just as cheap/tad more getting them done professionally.

I done them before on my old Mk4,but the only problem is they are textured and i would like them smooth this time.The guy at my paint suppliers said if i use enough high build primer it will cover the texture and make them smooth.I didnt use enough and you could still see it close up.Cost me as near as 30quid for the paint and materials last time.

Would i be better just getting them done professionally??
alan t

19th Feb 11 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a mate of mines got his done on his saxo a few years ago, think it was 60 or 70 quid to get them done.

if they are textured then i would imagine you would just have to rub them down more, and as you say put enough primer on them and get them painted, they should turn out smooth.

Liam

19th Feb 11 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paid £50 for mine to be painted and fitted on my old astra.
Bern_2oo5

19th Feb 11 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to work in a bodyshop and i don't think we would of charged anything more than £40 for two side strips to be primered, smoothed and painted. They wouldn't take much longer than half an hours work.
Corsa_Sport21

19th Feb 11 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers i will go around a few places next week and get some quotes.

Alan,i didnt want to rub them down incase they lost their ridgity(sp) and started sagging.
Corsa_Sport21

19th Feb 11 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is 4 in total.
Graeme
Premium Member

19th Feb 11 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bern_2oo5
I used to work in a bodyshop and i don't think we would of charged anything more than £40 for two side strips to be primered, smoothed and painted. They wouldn't take much longer than half an hours work. [/quote

it's alot more than half hours work.

Best way would be to get some new ones that are primed all ready. That way they would be kink free and also new double sided so don't need to fuck about after. There not that pricey new either.
Graeme
Premium Member

19th Feb 11 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And is alot less work after so just need scorching and painting. Probs about £40 for all 4.
Callum

19th Feb 11 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did my mates , there was 4 of them , £45 for all materials from halfords.
Corsa_Sport21

19th Feb 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graeme they arent painted as standard,they are black textured so wouldn't come primered new.

Callum,did you get them smooth after you had done them or were they still textured.

I would do them myself again if the high build primer was a garauntee to fill them before paint.Dont wanna buy a shit load of it for it not to work.
Bern_2oo5

19th Feb 11 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
quote:
Originally posted by Bern_2oo5
I used to work in a bodyshop and i don't think we would of charged anything more than £40 for two side strips to be primered, smoothed and painted. They wouldn't take much longer than half an hours work. [/quote

it's alot more than half hours work.

Best way would be to get some new ones that are primed all ready. That way they would be kink free and also new double sided so don't need to fuck about after. There not that pricey new either.

45 minutes tops that was me thinking just two sidestrips, obviously four would take longer.

[Edited on 19-02-2011 by Bern_2oo5]
Bern_2oo5

19th Feb 11 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Graeme they arent painted as standard,they are black textured so wouldn't come primered new.

Callum,did you get them smooth after you had done them or were they still textured.

I would do them myself again if the high build primer was a garauntee to fill them before paint.Dont wanna buy a shit load of it for it not to work.

Get some different grades of sand papers, an aerosol tin of filler primer and the paint and lacquer, its easy to get rid of the texture, you'll need plastic adhesion primer aswell to stop it flaking off.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bodyshop price question...... 22 database queries in 0.2801650 seconds