corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Cancelling Credit Cards

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cancelling Credit Cards
ed

User status: Offline
25th Feb 11 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When cancelling credit cards, how long does this take for your credit file to be updated? I have two which are no longer in their 0% periods which I would like to cancel, both of which have £0 on them. But I'd like to apply for a new one and have it arrive ready to use within the next two weeks. I don't want to make applications which may fail because I have too much access to unsecured debt so if it's likely to take too long then I'd rather take the hit on a couple of quids interest.

Any suggestions?
John

25th Feb 11 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know the answer to your question but that's what I normally do, just get a new card when it comes to the end of a deal on another, never had a problem.
strick206

25th Feb 11 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll be fine getting one but credit files only seem to update monthly
ed

25th Feb 11 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went forward and applied for the new Natwest one as they said you can hold two credit cards with them at a time. Just wait and see if they accept as they didn't give me instant notification. Cancelled the Egg one but I'll keep the original Natwest until the new one arrives.

Probably should remember to cancel the old ones when the 0% runs out more promptly in future
deano87

25th Feb 11 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you have a 0% balance transfer on one? Might have been a better option.

Do the purchasing on one, the next month when the statement comes through balance transfer.

Yes you pay thee 3% - 5% but could have saved a bit of hassle.
ed

27th Feb 11 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got £0 on all of them so don't need a balance transfer. I'm just going to use it for new purchases, but I also realised that I need to original Natwest card for when I'm away on holiday as I used it for a hotel reservation so I can't cancel it right away. Just don't want to have the application declined as I'll have to wait a while until it's sensible to try again.
neoquip

2nd Mar 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cancelled a card last night the guy said it takes about 30 days to register on he 'credit' system.

New Poll