corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Arsenal Finances... err Cosmo big fat gayer etc

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arsenal Finances... err Cosmo big fat gayer etc
Robbo

User status: Offline
28th Feb 11 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal Holdings plc - Results for the six months ended 30 November 2010

- Operating profit (before depreciation and player trading) of £12.6m (2009 - £29.3m) with, as expected, a reduction in the contribution from property.
- Sale of 50 apartments at Highbury Square generated revenue of £22.5m (2009 - 261 apartments sales generated £96.6m) and an operating profit from property of £3.3m (2009 - £11.3m) reflecting the lower number of apartments now left for sale.
- Property business continues to be debt free with all sales contributing to Group's cash position of £110.4m (2009 - £101.0m).
- Further significant commitment to a determined policy of investing in the team with the re-signing of several key first team players and Arsène Wenger as the Club's Manager.
-Football operating profits (before depreciation and player trading) of £9.3 million (2009 - £18.0m) reflect this increased investment in football wages and also timing differences in the number of home games played (2010 - 10 home matches in first half of 28 matches, so far confirmed, for full year / 2009 - 12 of 27).
-Significantly reduced profit on player sales of £4.0m compared to £33.9m for the prior year.
-Changes in property and player trading, which are essentially one-offs, impact overall result for the period - loss after tax of £2.5m (2009 - profit of £29.2m).

Commenting on the interim results, Peter Hill-Wood, non-executive chairman, said:

"This is a robust performance in the current climate and is where we expected to be at this stage of the financial year and at this stage in our longer term development plans for the growth of the Club.

The Club is exactly where we want to be, competing for trophies across the closing months of the season. I know that Arsène Wenger and his players will remain focused and will be appreciative of the fantastic support they get from our fans around the world.

I also want you to know that we are proud of the fact we continue to compete at the highest level while staying true to our principles. We continue to operate as a self-funding Club. This brings its own challenges in an increasingly competitive environment but provides the platform for a secure and positive long term future."

Very impressive reuslts IMO given the properties are almost all gone now, we've not had any major player sales and we've had less home games
Ben J

28th Feb 11 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awaits the haters/baiters/wankers
Robbo

28th Feb 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No trophies AND no profits
mwg

28th Feb 11 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In English?
Robbo

28th Feb 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
No trophies AND no profits
Ben G

28th Feb 11 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
In English?

arsenal made a loss of £2.5million.
Robbo

28th Feb 11 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No major player sales
Less home games than last year in the first 6 months
Property business pretty much done

Done an amazing job to come out with a minor loss, very very sustainable. impressive indeed
Nath

28th Feb 11 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RIP Arsenal
Ryan

28th Feb 11 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wilshere is still a cunt.
Tom

28th Feb 11 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When Arsenal have finished paying for that stadium they will probably one of the most profitable clubs in the world.
Nismo

28th Feb 11 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes very impressive, just what the fans love
Tom

28th Feb 11 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
yes very impressive, just what the fans love

Didn't say it was what the fans love
MJFF88

28th Feb 11 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
When Arsenal have finished paying for that stadium they will probably one of the most profitable clubs in the world.

Wenger will of gone by then & I feel things will differ slightly as he has to take most, if not all of the credit for doing what hes done. A new manager will come on & not be used to managing the club like AW has unless the board are properly focused on getting the same kind of person in. I like the fact Arsenal do so well in this respect, despite strongly disliking them as a club.

Edit: I've no idea when the stadium will be paid off but I assume relatively soon, next few seasons? Wenger has a lot of time to give yet, mind.

[Edited on 28-02-2011 by MJFF88]
Tom

28th Feb 11 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Wenger will of gone by then & I feel things will differ slightly as he has to take most, if not all of the credit for doing what hes done. A new manager will come on & not be used to managing the club like AW has unless the board are properly focused on getting the same kind of person in. I like the fact Arsenal do so well in this respect, despite strongly disliking them as a club.

I tend to agree, AW's philosophy seems 'right' but I doubt it's shared by many top coaches around the world. I think the Arsenal board will (when AW retires) do their best to replace him as you say with someone very similar rather than undoing all of his hard work.
JonnyJ

28th Feb 11 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I like the fact Arsenal do so well in this respect, despite strongly disliking them as a club.

Pretty much my exact views. I like the way they go about things and its a model all football clubs should follow.

Its a shame 90% of their fans ive met are cunts who embody everything i hate about football today

[Edited on 28-02-2011 by JonnyJ]
Jamie Walby

28th Feb 11 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
I like the fact Arsenal do so well in this respect, despite strongly disliking them as a club.

Pretty much my exact views. I like the way they go about things and its a model all football clubs should follow.

Its a shame 90% of their fans ive met are cunts who embody everything i hate about football today

[Edited on 28-02-2011 by JonnyJ]

Im hoping I am in that 10%
JonnyJ

28th Feb 11 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are indeed Walby, you seem a nice chap.
Marc

28th Feb 11 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well atleast there will be 2 nice stadiums in the Championship soon.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Arsenal Finances... err Cosmo big fat gayer etc 23 database queries in 0.0152020 seconds