corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Key chipping ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Key chipping ?
Darrell16v

User status: Offline
5th Mar 11 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got the engine into my corsa was told my the previous owner that the new key needs coded as he couldn't get it done as the engine blew.

So it starts then cuts out two seconds later.

Have now left it to a local Vauxhall garage to get it coded. But they're now saying that when they programmed the key the alarm and lights started flashing !

anyone have a idea what it could be?

SeanXE

5th Mar 11 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn't they be able to tell you that?
Darrell16v

5th Mar 11 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well they are doing diagnostics on it on monday dont fancy paying their £58 an hour charge tbh lol

Dont get why it did it everything was perfect before i left it down just wouuldnt stay running
N3CRO

5th Mar 11 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE
Shouldn't they be able to tell you that?
DaveyLC

5th Mar 11 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whast the engine? Go get another matching ECU, Chip and transponder from the scrappy/ebay and just swap it all over.
shaunmods
Premium Member

5th Mar 11 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell16v
Well they are doing diagnostics on it on monday dont fancy paying their £58 an hour charge tbh lol

Dont get why it did it everything was perfect before i left it down just wouuldnt stay running

Cant see much point in doing a diagnositcs on it tbh as its pretty obvious what the problem is surely? If the eml is flashing its because the immobiliser is still on.

Do as Davey said. I'd imagine it will a hell of a lot cheaper than having vaux code you a new chip

[Edited on 05-03-2011 by shaunmods]
DaveyLC

6th Mar 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall will want £20+vat to generate a new card-pass (assuming you have the chassis number of the donor car and assuming that IS the original ECU), then they'll want £57+VAT for the transponder and then possibly £100 to code it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Key chipping ? 22 database queries in 0.0726130 seconds