corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 64 Vespa Restoration

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 64 Vespa Restoration
jamied

User status: Offline
11th Mar 11 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had this for about a month now, thought I would have a bit of a summer project.
Pretty much bought the first one I saw as I really couldn't find any more for sale
These are the pictures of the advert

Its a 1963 150, annoyingly I cant find the exact model as its been sprayed over the number so parts I am buying off similar models.
it was for sale for 900 and after a bit of negotiation managed to get it for 750 EUR with very basic paperwork basically a form saying he had begun to apply for a log sheet.

It has been in a cellar for about 15 years and the guy didnt know when it last ran. it is a bit of a state and needs a new floor pan.

Began by stripping it down:

rusty petrol tank

dropping engine,
In the end had to angle grind the nuts off the main pivot as they were well and truly seized.

Finally got it out

and this is it now

Its stripped to the shell now.
Ordered quite a lot of replacement parts from all over really. Some from India, Vietnam and a really good German company called SIP.
Need to order next week a new petrol tank,side panel,engine side panel,mudguard.
Got a new rear light the other day, went for this one in the end as was struggling to find the same and I didn't much like the old one.

Need to sort the engine out now, a local guy recommended a vespa mechanic in Marbella so need to ring him next week. Want to get it checked over and rebuilt. Going to convert it from 6v to 12v too.

Next is dry built it with all new parts when they start arriving and then sandblast.Weld and eventually....... spray.

Jamie

[Edited on 11-03-2011 by jamied]
bigron1988

12th Mar 11 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking like a good start mate , rember my dad doing these up when i was younger, whats the plan with it , same colour, same engine etc??
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Mar 11 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dude, you've got a drink problem

Should be cool
jamied

20th Mar 11 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry for lack of updates
Its fully stripped now and looks like this :

was going to get the engine sorted but now have convinced myself to buy a brand new 5 port 150 with 12v wiring etc
Also need to change forks and wheels to 10" to get engine to fit easily.
thinking of going with a really retro grey

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 64 Vespa Restoration 23 database queries in 0.0117309 seconds