corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nitro R/C Car Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nitro R/C Car Help
Aaron

User status: Offline
12th Mar 11 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a new nitro r/c car, and I’ve got a problem.

When I start the engine, the car seems to want to drive off without even telling it to! What I mean is, when the engine is started....without pulling the throttle on the controller, the car would drive off on its own if I didn’t stop it.

I'm a total n00b with r/c cars, and the forums I’ve already looked at so far all talk in tech speak, with words like "riching the engine" being thrown around.

Any ideas?
sumner2k3

12th Mar 11 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure the controller is turned on aswel mate as that can make them just shoot off and keep going and going untill they smash into something
Aaron

12th Mar 11 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeah, i forgot to mention that bit. The controller was turned on before starting it. We've played with the throttle trim, but that didnt seem to do much. I can't help but think that the car has a problem.

Pretty pissed off about it, because it said "ready to go" on the box

I've aldeady sheered a spur gear and it had to go back to be repaired. I wanted a refund, but the cunt who i bought it from on Amazon just quoted the sales of goods act to me, and told me that i couldnt have my money back because i'd used it.

[Edited on 12-03-2011 by Aaron]
Jamie Walby

12th Mar 11 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my experience with nitro cars its ALWAYS the person using its lack of knowledge that was the problem. I stopped selling them in the end because I got fed up of starting them and setting them up for people.

You need to take it to a local model shop and get someone to set it up for you. Ready to go on the box means you dont have to put the thing together.
Aaron

12th Mar 11 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough, many people would bite and then kick off at what you just said, but, i know that you're 100% right I was hoping to avoid having to take it somewhere, but it looks like i'll have to. If i knew that this was going to be the case, then i wouldnt have bought it in the first place

Thanks for the replys though, and if anyone else has any more ideas, i'd be happy to hear them.
jr

12th Mar 11 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be the trim on the throttle servo at a guess
Jamie Walby

12th Mar 11 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry mate I wasnt baiting at all its just my 100% honest opinion from over 7 years of selling them
Aaron

12th Mar 11 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Sorry mate I wasnt baiting at all its just my 100% honest opinion from over 7 years of selling them

Its ok mate, i know exactrly what you mean. i just meant that most n00bs in my situaion have the habit of laying the blame on the seller (or anyone else but themselves) etc, but, in this case, i know full well that my huge lack of knowledge is the problem here.
Aaron

12th Mar 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
It will be the trim on the throttle servo at a guess

Can you expend on that a bit? Do you mean the trim on the remote control, or one of the screws near the engine?
jr

12th Mar 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah just read youve tried that allready

[Edited on 12-03-2011 by jr]
Aaron

12th Mar 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, when i said we've tried it....what i mean is that i turned the engine on, and moved the trim both ways round....but it didnt seem to do much.

In all honesty though, i was starting to get a bit pissed off by the time i tried the throttle trim...so maybe i'll give it another go.

[Edited on 12-03-2011 by Aaron]
stu_c

12th Mar 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

batterys?
gooner_47

12th Mar 11 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try adjusting the servo linkage on the car itself, there needs to be a 1-2mm gap in the carb I think. It sounds like yours may be bigger than that. Here's mine:

[Edited on 12-03-2011 by gooner_47]
Aaron

12th Mar 11 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had another go, and after 15 minutes of the engine reving ling crazy on start up (and wanting to drive off), i've given up.

I've played with the throttle trip on the r/c, changed the setting of two different screws...and still no luck. I tried the screws in pretty much every single setting they could be, and the car either stalled when i took out the glow starter, or it started reving like crazy and would have driven off had i not had my foot in front of it.

Hopefully, its still me doing something wrong, because i'll be gutted if its knackered. The Mrs has a friend who has a son who has loads of nitro r/c cars, so i think i'm going to have to give it to him to look at (he's 10 lol)

cunt flaps
Firestate88

12th Mar 11 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what make of car is it?
Aaron

12th Mar 11 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its called an Acme Attacker (Acme being the brand)

It was bought as a gift, and when it fucked up the first time (Spur Gear stripping), i called a local model shop, only to be told down the phone that this particular car was "cheap", with "cheap parts"
midlandvauxhalls

12th Mar 11 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try the servo reverse switch on the transmitter, sounds like its the wrong way
Aaron

12th Mar 11 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by midlandvauxhalls
try the servo reverse switch on the transmitter, sounds like its the wrong way

Servo reverse being the throttle reverse?, if so...then i've tried that as well. It appears that no matter what i do, it boils down to the car stalling when i take out the glow starter, or, the car will try to go off on its own....without being told to.

Jamie Walby

12th Mar 11 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What glow plug you using, what nitro content fuel are you using?
gazza808

12th Mar 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you haven't set your idle low enough, hence the fact it's reving engaging the centrifugal clutch and wanting to drive off. Usually like a small knob you have to turn on the carb?
Been a long time since I've touched mine. And can't really remember.

[Edited on 12-03-2011 by gazza808]
Aaron

12th Mar 11 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, thats what everyone else has told me on forums etc. The problem i have is that people tell me the solution, but they speak in tech speak/babble...and i havent got a clue what they're saying.

We've had some more info from the company who sold it to us (well, the Mrs, because she bought it as a surprise gift for me), so, we're going to give it another try tomorrow.

I hope it works
Chris
Premium Member

12th Mar 11 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its it just creap on the clutch possible lower idle will keep it still.

Trim back the throttle on the controller.

As said running lean will cause to to lean out n rev faster / melt the piston.

Consult the engine manual to find the high and low carb trims.
Jabba

12th Mar 11 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the bar off the servo that goes onto throttle then turn controll and car on (without the thorttle bar connected then put the bar back on completely closed so that when you start it up it will idle

if you need any more help u2u me ive been into nitro cars for around 4-5 years so i know quite abit about them

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nitro R/C Car Help 22 database queries in 0.0209320 seconds