corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Door Card problem fit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Door Card problem fit
phil67

User status: Offline
13th Mar 11 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

I have got a 1.0 Corsa envoy and thought due to how dirty the door cards were i would change them along with the seats. The seats were easy to change except for the back one as the lock and brackets were different but that was sorted by taking off the cover and form and put back on the original rear seat back.

The problem i have is the door pockets off my old car do not fit the front GSI door card i have. Rears fit with no problem and a quick hole was made for my window winder on the fronts.

Is it due to the GSI door pocket being different to my original ones?

Is it due door cards being different from electric windows to manual?

Any ideas

Thanks

JaffaTB

13th Mar 11 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should fit fine mate?
phil67

13th Mar 11 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The curvature and angles of the door card and the pocket are way out matey
bally2010
Premium Member

13th Mar 11 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the pockets are diffrent i had to change pockets and cards as the newer door cards , bend where as the older ones are pretty much straight
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Mar 11 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its due to the electric windows on the gsi
phil67

13th Mar 11 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks matey, looks like i need to get some gsi pockets then or get a complete set from another car then.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Mar 11 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Mar 11 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The later cars have more soundproofing and the card comes further in to the car.

Whether it has EW or not means they differ a bit as you have switches on the lower section or a hole in the upper one, but they are interchangeable if you match the upper and lower sections.
phil67

13th Mar 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
The later cars have more soundproofing and the card comes further in to the car.

Whether it has EW or not means they differ a bit as you have switches on the lower section or a hole in the upper one, but they are interchangeable if you match the upper and lower sections.

Well thats explains that then. Thanks Ian

New Poll