corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » No Claims advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author No Claims advice
Skylined

User status: Offline
14th Mar 11 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna sell my car in summer and unsure as to whether to get another one - the cost of owning one is taking the piss atm and I can't see it getting any better.

Trouble is I don't want to lose my 5 yrs no claims, should I decide to get another car in the future.

What do you need to do to keep it? I heard that it becomes void in 2 years if you don't insure anything.

If I was to get insured on my gf/mum's car as a named driver, does this allow you to keep it? Or do you need to have sole insurance on something?

Any info appreciated,
Cheers
Brett
Premium Member

14th Mar 11 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if it is 2 years, I'm sure you'll want a car again before that time is up.
XE Col
Premium Member

14th Mar 11 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is 2 years and you will lose it if you are a named driver, just insure somethin for a month or so in a couple of years
Skylined

14th Mar 11 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you can just take out a policy for a few months which renews it's validity?

Can you have 2 policies on the same vehicle? Like if I were to take out my own policy on my mum's car, or would I have to buy one?
N3CRO

14th Mar 11 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a 1.0L Nova shit heap or something else slow and old, keep it in ya garage but SORN it.
That way you can keep insuring something on the cheap.
XE Col
Premium Member

14th Mar 11 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skylined
So you can just take out a policy for a few months which renews it's validity?

Can you have 2 policies on the same vehicle? Like if I were to take out my own policy on my mum's car, or would I have to buy one?

i think as long as its a seperate company, and you provide proof from your previous company, you have active insurance usig your no claims, therefore if you were then to cancel the policy you have 2 years from then to use your NCD again, if that makes sense

in answer to the other question, im pretty sure i read somewhere it is illegal to have 2 seperate policies on one car

HTH
XE Col
Premium Member

14th Mar 11 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
Buy a 1.0L Nova shit heap or something else slow and old, keep it in ya garage but SORN it.
That way you can keep insuring something on the cheap.

Depends on your status/age really, i would love to do this but would probs cost me a fortune to insure a 1.0 nova
oceansoul

14th Mar 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just buy a sensible car you can afford to run?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » No Claims advice 22 database queries in 0.0082049 seconds