corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » bottom pully locking key help?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bottom pully locking key help?
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
15th Mar 11 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the key that holds the bottom pully in place seperate to the crank? ie is it just a woodruff key or part of the crankshaft sprocket or part of the actual crank? on an x16xe engine 1.6 16v ecotec thanks guys
AlexW

15th Mar 11 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The crank has a key for the crank sprocket that then has a key on for the bottom pully.

Whats up with yours?
SRI-LEE

15th Mar 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bottom pully has worked its way loose! and its damaged the key that holds the bottom pully in place so it just needs a crankshaft sprocket? i have one off my other engine if thats what i need? please say yes!
AlexW

15th Mar 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be yeah!, Has it actually damaged the key, Sure its not just mullered the pulley? Its normally the pulley that fucks up.
SRI-LEE

15th Mar 11 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome thats good news! thanks mate yeah its nacked the bottom pully but damged part of the key as well im gonna get that crank pully a bottom pully and a new crank sensor off my old engine tomorrow and hopfully its should be sorted just fitted a new idle control valve to! so dont know if thats evem fixed my first problem
AlexW

15th Mar 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope so

Just be careful when bolting it up and make sure its all sat in the right place and done nice a tight lol
SRI-LEE

15th Mar 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol yeah i will do,can do it at work with air tools
SRI-LEE

15th Mar 11 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that definate then the crank sprocket that the cambelt goes onto has the key built into it that holds the bottom pully in place yes? just trying to find pics and cant really find any? cheers lee

New Poll