corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ebay - question Re: returning an item to seller

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ebay - question Re: returning an item to seller
stubs

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 11 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently bought an item off ebay from a seller local to me. The item was advertised as "slight damage", but with the condition definition "used" - not "for parts or not working" (the difference between these is specified here) The description also stated "works fine"....

The item was a waterproof camcorder, and due to being listed as "slight damage", the description being quite vaugue and the pictures weren't very clear, I thought it best to ask the seller to confirm that the camcorder was still waterproof despite the damage. The seller replied saying that it should be fine...

I won the auction and collected the item in person, paying with cash at the seller's request. I tested the camcorder straight away when I got home... The battery only lasted a couple of minutes before it went flat, so I removed it for charging and tested to see if it was waterproof. Despite the manufacturer's claim that the camcorder can sustain upto 60 mins of underwater use, I only gave it about 10-20 seconds under water before I noticed water in the lens. I took it out of the water & dried the outside, but the water had somehow found it's way inside.

After several emails back & forward, the seller agreed to refund me and the camera was returned to him the following night (still very wet inside!)

I didn't open a resolution ticket with ebay, as I thought I'd give the seller the chance to settle things directly 1st. I'm now getting emails off ebay asking me to pay for the item, despite me already having marked the item as paid for. I do recall the seller saying he would reclaim his fees for the auction but didn't really take too much notice. I'm now wondering if he's trying to make out that I haven't paid for it, in which case, will that go against me on the feedback system?

Is it worth me opening a resolution ticket now, to alert ebay to the matter, before it goes against me? I don't want to end up paying his fees or being marked down for something that wasn't my wrong doing.
stubs

23rd Mar 11 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh shit, sorry for the essay!! I just kept typing and typing...
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Mar 11 at 08:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dispute it
stubs

23rd Mar 11 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So just wait, and if he does open a ticket, then dispute it?

All my messages to and from the seller were done through ebay so they should be able to see that I've bought it and returned it shoudln't they?
Sam
Premium Member

23rd Mar 11 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has he refunded you?

The seller can open a dispute claim to cancel the transaction so that they can claim back any eBay fees. The buyer has to agree with this. However, the buyer does not get a request for payment as the seller is asking to cancel not for payment!

Cancelling the transaction has nothing to do with how the seller has been paid by the way, as for example you could have collected and paid cash, as opposed to using PayPal.
stubs

23rd Mar 11 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, he's refunded me in full... I just don't want him to make out that I've not paid, or that I've agreed not to buy the item - he listed it as working, yet one of the main features of the item clearly wasn't "working"
B3KAN

23rd Mar 11 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If hes marked it as unpaid it is prob due to the fact hes has refunded you
JaffaTB

24th Mar 11 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i seem to get these emails every time i pick up in person and dont pay via paypal, if you have sorted it offline just leave it and it will be fine

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ebay - question Re: returning an item to seller 22 database queries in 0.0095708 seconds