corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Most exciting topic ever... Mondeo's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Most exciting topic ever... Mondeo's
kz

User status: Offline
25th Mar 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking to probably sell up my blobeye Subaru later in the year, group 20 insurance and 14mpg is killing me! Going to be mainly sharing a car with my mum now, looking to get a Mini Cooper S or something.

Anyway...

Started to look around for temporary cars for under a grand. Done this in the past but always ended up with something chavvy i.e. Punto GT Turbo, 206 GTi as they had a (bit...) of poke. However I don't really care anymore tbh, looking around it seems Mondeo's are available in decent spec for really cheap money! Ones like these...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201111382492348/sort/priceasc/transmission/manual/price-to/1000/maximum-age/up_to_10_years_old/fuel-type/petrol/model/mondeo/make/ford/postcode/ss12uq/page/1/keywords/leather/radius/60/advert-type/featured-listing/dealer/19008/usedcars?logcode=flp

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201112382507978/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/1000/maximum-age/up_to_10_years_old/fuel-type/petrol/transmission/manual/model/mondeo/make/ford/page/1/radius/60/postcode/ss12uq?logcode=p

There's loads of them tbh. Nice interior, those are the two leather ones around my area, look fairly modern Ii'd say they look £2,000 worth of car. Do we know anything about them? Don't care about the mega miles but are they reasonably reliable? Or do you know of any other car similar... VW Bora/Passat are other possibilities. Basically looking for something that looks more than it's worth? and modern enough not for the interior to depress me
kz

25th Mar 11 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and I know the £150 Mondeo is actually £1,150... but obviously it's reasonable to think he'd take a grand for it.
Daveskater
Premium Member

25th Mar 11 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad has an 02 reg 1.8 and to be fair it's quite a nice car. Didn't realise you could pick them up so cheap now! For something to run around in for a bit I wouldn't say no tbh.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Jed D

25th Mar 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
Don't care about the mega miles

then you're getting a bargain at them prices, people run a mile when they see alot of numbers on the dash.

if i had to own a ford it'd be one of them

heard endless problems with the steering on focus's and fezzys
Daveskater
Premium Member

25th Mar 11 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, the only problem my dad's car has is that the driver's rear door is rusting from the inside out The steering makes creaking noises at low speed but it's always done that and he's had it years so if it's broken then it can't be that broken.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Ben G

26th Mar 11 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JedDy
quote:
Originally posted by kz
Don't care about the mega miles

if i had to own a ford it'd be one of them

heard endless problems with the steering on focus's and fezzys

steering? what marks? theres 3 marks of focus and 7 marks of fiesta so try and be more specific

mondeos are great cars. my dad has a diesel estate with 170k on the clock and it's still going well. most reliable car he's ever had.
dannymccann

26th Mar 11 at 05:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mums old l reg 1.9 petrol estate had 150k on it 5 years ago, its still going strong even though it was an insurance write off
kz

26th Mar 11 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one seem pretty solid then kinda planning a coastal tour of the UK, that would be a test and a half for it!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Most exciting topic ever... Mondeo's 23 database queries in 0.0078099 seconds