corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford Fiesta 1.6 Ztec Sport?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ford Fiesta 1.6 Ztec Sport?
ste_p23

User status: Offline
31st Mar 11 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right just looking for any peoples opinions on these or if anyone knows much about them.

I currenntly have a 1.8 Turbo Seat Ibiza and im getting sick of the stupid running costs. Its costing me £245 a year on road tax at least £60 a week in petrol (300 miles out of a tank driving slow) and just been quoted £1300 to insure it fully comp from £700 on my last quote a few months ago.

When i had a few problems with my Corsa i rebuilt the HG and had a rental car which was a bog standard 1.2 fiesta and i loved it despite it having no power at all.

Ive looking at the new Fiesta such as these ones.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201113383323706/sort/priceasc/usedcars/seller-type/private_adverts/quantity-of-doors/3/engine-size-cars/1-4l_to_1-6l/price-to/10000/price-from/8000/model/fiesta/make/ford/postcode/bl52sf/radius/200/keywords/sport/page/1?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201110381622082/sort/priceasc/usedcars/seller-type/private_adverts/quantity-of-doors/3/engine-size-cars/1-4l_to_1-6l/price-to/10000/price-from/8000/model/fiesta/make/ford/postcode/bl52sf/radius/200/keywords/sport/page/1?logcode=p

I know they arent powerfull but im sure with a remap some better Bhp could be seen? I know its not the most exciting car but im not 17 any more and cant keep throwing money away into cars.

Any info on them would be great

[Edited on 31-03-2011 by ste_p23]
adiohead

31st Mar 11 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much would you get for your car?

Would buying a £9k fiesta actually save you money in the long run?

You need to do some calculations
Steve
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fun cars, handle well
ste_p23

31st Mar 11 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
How much would you get for your car?

Would buying a £9k fiesta actually save you money in the long run?

You need to do some calculations

I Could probs get 3k for it and then another 1k in parts im not a calculations person but need to sit down and work it all out but i would be looking at getting one in maybe 6months time when the value has dropped slighlty
johnny86
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 57 plate celebration loved it..... gutted it went.
ste_p23

31st Mar 11 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what i gather they are great value cars for the money i know there not the most exciting but when times are hard
adiohead

31st Mar 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I wanted to save money I'd be looking at something a lot cheaper to buy in the first place.
ste_p23

31st Mar 11 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
If I wanted to save money I'd be looking at something a lot cheaper to buy in the first place.

I know but im struggling to find newish decent specced cars for around 6k which is the cash i have available right now
daymoon
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get an older diesel.

I was in your boots a months ago.

300 miles to 60 quid.

Got a Bora 1.9 TDi. Slow as hell, first full tank I did - 435 miles to 42 litres of diesel.

Did a motorway run after that and got 64MPG.

Could get a very nice diesel car for 6k. Depends of course what you want

Get a Golf GT TDi and run it for few years, and you are not going to lose much money on it as diesels hold their money well!
Ingham
Banned

31st Mar 11 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My stepdad has had two now, the 6.5 and the 7 (both 1.6 TDCi). Not bad little cars, quite nippy, good on diesel and look well. Comfortable too
ste_p23

31st Mar 11 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its something im going to consider i think im just hacked off as i only work part time as im at uni so i dont bring home a great deal of money and the car seems to drain it all Suppose we all have our days where we get pissed off with our cars

daymoon
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could pick up an Astra H CDTi for 6k tbh...
RichR
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I told you not to jump into any big decisions!! Calm it down for a month or two
ste_p23

31st Mar 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I told you not to jump into any big decisions!! Calm it down for a month or two

Yea your right Rich just trying to keep my mind occupied

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford Fiesta 1.6 Ztec Sport? 22 database queries in 0.0847690 seconds