corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ooh that is what was rattling!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ooh that is what was rattling!!
Fonz
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 11 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep thats right, getting annoyed i had a rattle everytime i drove over a pothole or speed bump i heard this annoying tinny rattle.

so i went about investigating this noise, nothing looked loose even though the sound implied it. under the bonnet....nope....dampers? brakes?

i looked everywhere checking all sorts and then found this in the "dish" that holds the lower end of the spring....

yup thats right it was bouncing around everytime the car jumped about! sheared off the end of the spring!
can't complain really the car has done 103k miles and is 26 years old this year!
[in my Nova, from the offside front]
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Apr 11 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We get so many MK5 Fiestas in work with this problem, every few days infact. Even worse if the snapped coil twists around and starts rubbing on the tyre.

[Edited on 03-04-2011 by DannyB]
AshWatson

3rd Apr 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did a coil spring and tyre on a fiat idea at work, woman was on A1 heard a metallic rattly twang and tyre exploded, spring seperated the tyres tread from the sidewall near enough lol

[Edited on 03-04-2011 by AshWatson]
Andy Stocker

3rd Apr 11 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
We get so many MK5 Fiestas in work with this problem, every few days infact. Even worse if the snapped coil twists around and starts rubbing on the tyre.

[Edited on 03-04-2011 by DannyB]

This happened to my dad's that we recently sold, except it snapped at the top and the bottom! And made a horrible clunking noise when you turned the wheel.
So far mines been ok 'touch wood'
alan-g-w

3rd Apr 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this problem on a mk3 astra, eagle eyed MOT tester noticed it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ooh that is what was rattling!! 22 database queries in 0.0259690 seconds