corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Feels like clutch slip

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Feels like clutch slip
BeetleGav

User status: Offline
8th Apr 11 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it can't be because my corsa b only has 15thow on it. I've drilled my airbox, could this cause the engine to rev high when I accelerate but not actually go anywhere?
alan-g-w

8th Apr 11 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just because it's only got 15k on it doesn't mean the clutch couldn't be knackered. I can't think of anything else that could cause it to act that way, person before you might have gone everywhere in 3rd?

[Edited on 08-04-2011 by alan-g-w]
BeetleGav

8th Apr 11 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The person before me only did 3000 miles on it and was nearly 90. I've had it since 2008. Im pretty certain it's not the clutch but that's how I can describe it. Going up a hill in 2nd itl rev at a constant 4000 eventhough the car isn't moving like it's at 4000. Then after the car reaches the speed to match the revs then it climbs again. Could it be too much air getting to the engine
corsatdi

8th Apr 11 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds definately like clutch slip!
BeetleGav

8th Apr 11 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the clutch adjusted when I had it serviced last month hope they havent fucked it up
alan-g-w

8th Apr 11 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That can't physically happen with an engine, if it's not your clutch then it's the splines in your CVs or driveshafts that have worn away.

If you're in 5th on level ground going about 40mph then put your foot flat to the floor does it slip then? And a 90 year old previous owner isn't always a good thing, as said they're the type to have driven everywhere in first second and third.
BeetleGav

8th Apr 11 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well If I do that in 4th then yeah it slips. The car sets off fine etc biting point is there without any revs. It's a 1.0 too
alan-g-w

8th Apr 11 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, you'd expect the biting point to be fine without any revs since there's more friction between the discs with the engine going slower.

Best advice I could give is to get it looked at at the very least because if it's not just that the clutch is slipping it sounds like there's something, possibly worse, wrong.
Adam-D

8th Apr 11 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does sound like slip.

and for the record 5 miles or 500 thou, a clutch can fail anytime.

i could if i wanted too kill a new cltuch in under a hour

New Poll