corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Astra mk4 GSi - Coilovers Fitted

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra mk4 GSi - Coilovers Fitted
Liam

User status: Offline
12th Apr 11 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After selling my old Astra SXi 12 months ago, I bought this about 6 weeks later, I travelled to York for it, paid at the time less than every other GSi that was for sale.

Few pics from 3 days after I bought it... after I replaced the 6x4 oval backbox that was on it with a smaller tailpipe/backbox.

All was great for 2 weeks, when I noticed a burning smell/smoke coming through the cabin vents. Took the car back into EH in Wolves (after arguing with the York dealer that there was a problem etc) and the turbo had failed ( ) as the car was under warrenty it was all replaced along with other parts, such as the VXR cooling kit, I also put a whiteline ARB on when I got the car back, which is an amazing bit of kit.

I took the car to MPG to get the actuator setup correctly as it wasn't boosting right after they fitted the new turbo, stuck it on the RR whilst I was there and it "made" 205bhp with just a cat-back.

MattL took some pics sometime in August (I think) which are better than my iPhone attempts...

Fast forward to Jan 11 and I started to spend some more money on the car.

18" VXR alloys

which turned into

Weitec Coilovers

Courtenay hoses/dumpvalve & 63mm "plenum"

and fitted

Just this weekend had the wheels fitted, and also had the "Earth Mod" done, swapping the dump valve as the current one has failed, and bought a front poly mount from a reccomendation.

Immediate plans are to fit coilovers/engine mount, after that hopefully get the Courtenay Sport 1.9 CDTi box/80mm AFM and hopefully stage 2 map.

[Edited on 28-04-2011 by Liam]
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Liam

Love GSi's,nice one with the alloys,will look mega on

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Gareth T

12th Apr 11 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any updated pictures?
Liam

12th Apr 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either tomorrow or later in the week.
Pete_vxl

13th Apr 11 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice. Save yourself a bucket and get a 2.2 airbox though.
Liam

28th Apr 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of an update, firstly pics of the wheels I forgot to upload them the other week...

Last Saturday I went over to Wolves to a fellow AOC member who kindly let me use his garage space to get another AOC member/Me/Him to fit the Weitec coilovers and the engine mount I bought, here's a few pics..

Old vs. New

Fitted - I also bought some adjustable metal droplinks from a guy who makes them on AOC to replace the standard rubber part.

Rear

All fitted, i'm thinking of lowering the front a touch more also.

Next up is a service at MPG next month, then after that who know's
Jamie-C

28th Apr 11 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't realise how nice these were until recently, seen one parked in the shopping centre last week, went and had a look, I must've stood there for about 5 minutes admiring it , looks like a nice example you've got there!
Adam C
Premium Member

28th Apr 11 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks amazing on the new wheels, colour is perfect, I love it

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Liam

28th Apr 11 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys. I really want a set of sharkeyes now, but can't really afford them.
Mark.W

28th Apr 11 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it wheels look better than i expected too

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Astra mk4 GSi - Coilovers Fitted 24 database queries in 0.0078831 seconds