corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Phone PIN code - Do you use one?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Phone PIN code - Do you use one?
Simon

User status: Offline
15th Apr 11 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to the pub earlier and on arrival realised I didn't have my phone. I'm normally pretty careful with my stuff so I was a little annoyed and concerned that I may have lost it somewhere. Luckily it was at home when I returned but got me thinking I should put a pin code on it.

In the past I have used codes but don't currently. Part of me thinks with modern phones the amount of personal data and linked accounts means its worth doing in case, but then I like to have some faith in human kind and maybe someone who found it would try and return it, which obviously couldn't happen if it was locked.

Do you use them?
Whittie

15th Apr 11 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use them yes.

Didn't bother before I lost my previous 2 iPhones. Neither were handed in, don't be silly having faith nowadays Simon
Toby
Premium Member

15th Apr 11 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, stupid not to especially as how much info is stored in the phones etc. Far fetched but image someone nicks your phone they start up a navigation app I.e. tom tom etc, they click home knowing your not there
Matty W

15th Apr 11 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my desire has a "pattern" unlock, you just drag your finger across a series of dots to highlight them in the pattern you selected.. gets a bit awkward to operate after youve had a few drinks though, which could be seen as a good thing.. no drunk texting n that.
Still allows an emergency call feature which alows you to dial any number

[Edited on 15-04-2011 by music1990]
gooner_47

15th Apr 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to but it's a pain in the arse typing in the pin each time. If I ever lose it I'll just wipe it using MobileMe (iPhone).
Russ

15th Apr 11 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ and track it too
_Allan_

15th Apr 11 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, it is 2694
AndyKent

15th Apr 11 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to, but like above gets annoying typing it every time.
pow
Premium Member

15th Apr 11 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to but my phone NEVER gets switched off. I used to use the HTC unlock pattern till the screen fucked up on it.

If I was to loose my phone, the first thing I'd do after telling O2 would be to change my email account passwords so nothing personal can be read, contacts would be un-syncd as well, as would the calendar.
AlunJ

15th Apr 11 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a pattern lock on my android, pain in the arse unlocking it sometimes but chances of someone guessing it are slim?
Matty W

15th Apr 11 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'd think so, but it does leave a bit of a greasy smudge in the shape of your unlock pattern sometimes.. constantly cleaning the screen
Rob_Quads

15th Apr 11 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah you have to watch out with the screen markings. I've been able to guess 2 friends codes by looking a the markings on the screens. They could not understand how i managed to get in

New Poll