corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » marriage...?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author marriage...?
Jed D

User status: Offline
17th Apr 11 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been together with our lass over 5 years now, on and off from time to time, just like a married couple lol...
Shes hinted for a wedding so many times its unreal!!
she does my f**king nut in sometimes but other times its great.

bad e.g - when you've just painted your wheels white and fitted them, proud of what you've done. Then have an argument with the girlfriend over who has the tv remote, it escalates and she grabs a tin of black spray paint and attacks them TRUE STORY!

good e.g - when you come back from work and she's got dinner already done, on time still warm, with chocolate cake ready for afters or when she gets you a beer out the fridge without you asking or even hinting

i do deeply apologise to any female members if any of this sounds sexist in any way

so come on then...

who's married and was it a good idea?
advice?
Eck
Premium Member

17th Apr 11 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She attacked your wheels with black paint? Sounds a bit mental.
Sam
Premium Member

17th Apr 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got married nearly a year ago, and yes it was a good idea because my wife is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with.

I don't know you or your girlfriend obviously, but the fact that you've made this thread tells me deep down you don't want to marry her and you are probably having doubts about whether she is someone you want to settle down with?
Jed D

17th Apr 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
She attacked your wheels with black paint? Sounds a bit mental.

yeah, ages ago now, look back and laugh
Jed D

17th Apr 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
I got married nearly a year ago, and yes it was a good idea because my wife is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with.

I don't know you or your girlfriend obviously, but the fact that you've made this thread tells me deep down you don't want to marry her and you are probably having doubts about whether she is someone you want to settle down with?

not having doubts, just i dont really see the point in marriage itself tbh mate, no disrespect.
RCoughtrie

17th Apr 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cringe worthy, waste of time and money dont bother...
Sam
Premium Member

17th Apr 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you feel like that, why are you asking people for advice on marriage?

Or are you just asking in general what it's like to be married?

[Edited on 17-04-2011 by Sam]
Kathryn W

17th Apr 11 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got married in November after been together for 6.5 years. I've always been the type of girl who wanted to get married before having children, and bringing up children in marriage.

I don't regret it, it felt right for me after being together for a while, mortgage etc... Just missing a dog now!

And people say what's the point etc... For me it's just that extra little feeling of being closer, safer and more together. The fact we have the same name etc....

Everyone's different but for me personally I've always wanted to have a stage in life where I got to with my partner were we can share our life and comitment to each other till 'death do us part' kind of thing.

I have always said however, if my marriage was to fail... I would never re-marry!
Sam
Premium Member

17th Apr 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn W
I don't regret it, it felt right for me after being together for a while, mortgage etc... Just missing a dog now!

We have two dogs but no mortgage (yet)
emicen

17th Apr 11 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was with a girl I wanted to marry, I wouldnt need to ask an internet forum their opinion.
Ben J

17th Apr 11 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She attacked your wheels! No matter what I did or how bad the argument, my missus wouldn't stoop that low. I bloody had an affair, and she wouldn't have dreamed of touching my VXR which I had then.

Sounds a bit mental and spiteful.

But tbh only you can answer your question as only you are in the relationship with her.
chrisritch

17th Apr 11 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This shit costs £12.50. sorry.
AndyKent

17th Apr 11 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always thought it's one of those things I'd only do to make my missus happy, not because I personally thought it was a good idea.

Someone a while back said it is a good way to show commitment. Surely not fucking around with other people does that?

[Edited on 17-04-2011 by AndyKent]
Jake

17th Apr 11 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a marriage certificate isnt worth the paper its printed on. Years ago you were forced to work shit out, these days its too easy to bail
Chris
Premium Member

17th Apr 11 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All i would say is the next day you think, no way i just spent the price of a new car on one day.

But i supose its the memories, even if the pics where price of a good track day car.

Oh and the dress in the loft, another track day car.
ShEp

17th Apr 11 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have to ask CorsaSport then I'd say no.
Kathryn W

17th Apr 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
a marriage certificate isnt worth the paper its printed on. Years ago you were forced to work shit out, these days its too easy to bail

I couldn't agree more, marriage is used to frequent to fix things or to make the other half happy or to make themselves look better etc..

The amount of couples I know who've got engaged just cos the other half wanted to, or because they're expecting, and the amount of couples engaged after a few months.. Its crazy!

It is taken for granted these days!

But like others have said, if you feel the need to ask a forum then i guess your mind is made up

And your missus sounds like a right cow! Yeah my and Gaz have arguments and fall outs but i'd never do something like that
emicen

17th Apr 11 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
a marriage certificate isnt worth the paper its printed on.

This is not accurate. As marriage is one of the last remaining true bastions of sexual inequality, and one women don't seem to be willing to burn hosiery to even up, it is most certainly worth more than the paper it is written on.

That piece of 80gsm foolscap is worth half of everything you own. Any man that forgets this may repent at length and at leisure.

[Edited on 17-04-2011 by emicen]
richardworrall
Premium Member

18th Apr 11 at 06:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been there, done that, never again!!!
Russ

18th Apr 11 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you're all invited to mine, 7th of July, bring haribo
Jed D

18th Apr 11 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loving some of the advice here.
only reason i posted on here is she knows everyone else i know she'd never look on here

as for the wheel painting thing, she'd just finished and came back into the house to find her 6year old green hoody jacket that she loved so much, on fire on the doorstep . like i said we look back and laugh.

i just dont think being married to her would make any difference whatsoever, i mean it would to her, but to me it'd just mean money, as far as im aware we're already married, we got a kid together so i guess we always going to have a tie to eachother (till death does that part and all that).

and yeah i agree with some of you, i'd only ever marry once, never again, so what makes you so confident it'll last then??
Ben G

18th Apr 11 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my cousin got married yesterday and the words used were absolutely insane.

contract of marriage

it sounded like he was getting finance to buy a new car or something. not something i'd like personally.
DaveyLC

18th Apr 11 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sounds like you are both very immature.
pow
Premium Member

18th Apr 11 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marriage can gtf, but then, I hate all women according to CS so it's pretty normal
adiohead

18th Apr 11 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've put a deposit down on my marriage.

Gotta sort out invites, flowers, suit, cake and rings now.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » marriage...? 22 database queries in 0.0222602 seconds