corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » do i belive what getign told

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author do i belive what getign told
corsa power

User status: Offline
17th Apr 11 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just recently purchased a corsa 1.6 sport and a couple of people said they know the car and says the stem seals r fucked, but they r the sort of people who say anything about peoples car so they can buy and make money after selling it. there is a like rattling noise like sort noise u would get if a exhaust clamp was loose and smokes slightly not bad when idle, but exhaust does have a blow in it aswell do i belive them or not my brother says it could be a pulley bearing as only happens every so offen. is there any way in checking if stem seals r fucked its worring me but i dont really belive them either as they tried same thing with previous owner
Ellis

17th Apr 11 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if I understand correctly, it smokes at idle? Does it get worse under load?

The rattle sounds like the alternator belt tensioner to me.

[Edited on 17-04-2011 by Ellis]
corsa power

17th Apr 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no as soon as i rev its all clear no smoke at all ok thanks brother reackons its something on pulley or around that area gonna take belt off thro week and see just incase any1 has same prob

New Poll