corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Pension scheme

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pension scheme
SXIBLK

User status: Offline
20th Apr 11 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to start one up soonish anyone got one and wheres the best place to get them from?
stuartmitchell

20th Apr 11 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard Life have a stakeholder pension mate and for every amount you put in the government top it up with 20% of your investment. Really easy to set up!
Conway563

20th Apr 11 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just use the company one, don't put a massive amount in at the moment but the company match everything

Currently looking for a private one to set up for my daughters though
Cavey

20th Apr 11 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Royal Mail pension is apparently brilliant. However there's something like a £10billion defecit in it, so whether i'll get what i'm meant to in 40 years, who knows.

I only put 7% of my pay per week, and they put 14% in, I think...
Mad Moe

20th Apr 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just transferred my find into a SIPP in order to allow me and my business partner to fund the purchase of our new offices. Was lucky enough to dump quite a bit into it by way of dividend when I worked with the Family business and intended to just pay what ever dividend available from my new venture in to this scheme. Also have a small fund from when I was at Carillion and may absorb that at some point in the future.

With regards setting one up I would just have a word with a Financial Advisor or maybe ask you current bank for advice

[Edited on 20-04-2011 by Mad Moe]
emicen

20th Apr 11 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXIBLK
Going to start one up soonish anyone got one and wheres the best place to get them from?

Do your work have a preferred scheme? That would be the best bet because they will often match contributions for such schemes. Mine is an AXA one I think and my work match my contributions.

The percentage input from the government depends on your tax code. They basically give back the income tax on the amount saved so if your highest rate is 22%, they add that, if you're in the 40% they add that etc.

Stakeholder pensions are the simplest to administer. They were set up to encourage people to take out personal pensions so have rules on how much the fund can charge to manage your money etc. One of the few ideas the last govt had that's worked well imho.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Pension scheme 22 database queries in 0.0087349 seconds