corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Kitten wire problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Kitten wire problem
Lynny

User status: Offline
1st May 11 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have two cats and a kitten currently, and my kitten is currently in the biting everything stage (not sure if he's teething?!) but naturally this includes wires! Most them are taped up to avoid this, but the likes of my phone charger I can't do this with. Is there anything you can buy to put on cables to stop cats from chewing on them? Cheers
Ste
Premium Member

1st May 11 at 01:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could put some flexible conduit or spiral wrap around the wires. There is also a spray, we used it when the dog was a puppy, you just spray it on anything you don't want chewed and it tastes horrible so they don't chew it.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
John

1st May 11 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few volts from a phone charger should be enough to keep it away after the first time.
Sam
Premium Member

1st May 11 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John
Cavey

1st May 11 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just discourage him whenever he does it. Or fill a water bottle with sprayer, and give him a quick spray when he goes near it, it'll deter him soon enough
Ben G

1st May 11 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

citrus spray works apparently.

mine bit phone chargersbut stopped for some reason (probably got electric shock as john said)
RichR
Premium Member

1st May 11 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lemon juice
Neil

1st May 11 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
Most them are taped up to avoid this

You're welcome!

I have some wire cover stuff I put round wires that are likely to get chewed.. My sister got some spray for it too that worked.
Liam

1st May 11 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When my dog was a pup, she bit a laptop charger cable, got a shock, but she never did it again..

Lemon juice was also mentioned when my parents took her to the puppy training place.
Lynny

1st May 11 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank you for the advice, I've tried discouraging him, kept hitting him across the nose last night, he either hit me back (with claws out) or just started again straight away chewing it. My other two react well when you shout at them, but he's deaf so it doesn't work! Tried citrus ages ago with NeilM's cats, but they seemed to like it! What's the spray called and where can you get it?
Root

1st May 11 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Just discourage him whenever he does it. Or fill a water bottle with sprayer, and give him a quick spray when he goes near it, it'll deter him soon enough

did this with our old cat when we were training her, anything she does wrong, she show her it, she's already backing away and stuff so she knows it's wrong, then spray her, she soon learnt and stopped climbing curtains, all sorts, she was a nutter have to be cruel to be kind, obviously, don't throw a bucket of water over them, but a small spray is enough
Liam

6th May 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lynny, I think you can get the spray from pets at home.
K17STY

7th May 11 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vicks for blocked noses, stops dogs chewing too. Plus you can breathe 24/7 lol

New Poll