corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » careless driving fines

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author careless driving fines
Root

User status: Offline
11th May 11 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough people should not be carelessly driving but ffs MORE fines? Our gov' rape us in the asshole for tax & fines left right and center and it's not right. I'm not going to drive carelessly so I won't get caught out by this, but it's an excuse for MORE money from us. -_- wankers
dannymccann

11th May 11 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm more concerned about the power trip some officers of the trade will now feel, surely this is now going to be based on pure judgement rather than video evidence in a court, and could lead to some dodgy decisions...
Russ

11th May 11 at 06:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

troll
Root

11th May 11 at 06:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
I'm more concerned about the power trip some officers of the trade will now feel, surely this is now going to be based on pure judgement rather than video evidence in a court, and could lead to some dodgy decisions...

yup. I'm bored of this gov't now, it's not like we don't pay enough for car tax, tax on the cost of buying the car, insurance (probably tax on that), petrol prices, tax on petrol, tax on car parts, speeding fines, fines for not SORNing a car, etc etc. Stop raping motorists, it's taking the piss. I'm all for punishing driver's that drive like complete bell ends, but the government cower behind this policy as if it's for our benefit, no, it's lining your pockets yet again, you cunts.
emicen

11th May 11 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
fair enough people should not be carelessly driving but ffs MORE fines? Our gov' rape us in the asshole for tax & fines left right and center and it's not right. I'm not going to drive carelessly so I won't get caught out by this, but it's an excuse for MORE money from us. -_- wankers

Targeting tail gaters and undertaking yet leaving the braindead fuckheads who bimble along in the outside lane paying no attention to what they are doing. Genius.

At the same time, I know traffics up here are currently out targeting motorists for revenue generation.

I AM NOT A FUCKING CASH MACHINE!!!
AndyKent

11th May 11 at 06:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not a problem. Just put any fines on your credit card.
dannymccann

11th May 11 at 06:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While I agree it's expensive to run a car there are ways to reduce your exposure by using the car less, buying a car that's cheaper to run, not speeding, SORNing when you are supposed to etc.

Also with VAT tax, when compared with the rest of Europe we are either in line or have a lower rate of VAT (for example Denmark has 25%)

http://www.tmf-vat.com/vat/eu-vat-rates.html
Root

11th May 11 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wish i lived in africa
oceansoul

11th May 11 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you dont like it.....!
Steve
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 06:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you dont agree with the penalty you can still appeal it which will mean it goes to court anyway...
Root

11th May 11 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
i wish i lived in africa

i'd have awesome rear lights for my corsa and drive around with my water (i'd bring water from england), then i'd recycle the same water using the astronauts technique and not share any, i'd live in my shit hut and not pay any tax on that motherfucker, then i'd just hunt like bear grylls for food. win

according to sky news, the fine is 80-100 ponds (not pounds), stupid accent.

[Edited on 11-05-2011 by Root]
emicen

11th May 11 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

End of the day its not new, driving without due care and attention or dangerous driving could always be used for this. What I resent is the subjective application of an on the spot fine purely for revenue raising.

Most accused will be dependant on their car so will pay it in fear and not risk an appeal.

They continue to use us for revenue dressed up as road safety measures without addressing the core road safety issues out there that would stop accidents and make the roads safer purely because they can't do it punitively.
pow
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 07:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see it's going ot make any difference at all th
sc0ott

11th May 11 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing that gets me is not all police officers are angels when it comes to not breaking the law.
xa0s
Banned

11th May 11 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
The thing that gets me is not all police officers are angels when it comes to not breaking the law.

Yep but the way my mate explains it is when he's at work he's paid to enforce the law, when he's not at work he's at risk of being caught himself (which he has been on numerous occasions). He regularly rides with me at 3 times the speed limit and so on and sometimes I'm struggling to keep up with him which is pretty funny knowing in my head that he's traffic Police.
sc0ott

11th May 11 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im talking about those on duty. IE speeding on the motorway without their lights on.
Paul_J

11th May 11 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

I'm going to get points i think
Jambo

11th May 11 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to undertake some goon on the way into London on Monday. Sitting j. The outside lane doing 60. He then started slowing without braking, causing me to get closer then stamped on his brakes because he thought I was tailgating

Me and about 5 other cars all undertook him and he carried on in the lane oblivious.

[Edited on 11-05-2011 by Jambo]
Eddx14xe

11th May 11 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to undertake yesterday aswel. Some woman in a land rover pulled out in front of me and started driving at 45mph. Almost went straight into the back of her
Steve
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I had to undertake some goon on the way into London on Monday. Sitting j. The outside lane doing 60. He then started slowing without braking, causing me to get closer then stamped on his brakes because he thought I was tailgating

Me and about 5 other cars all undertook him and he carried on in the lane oblivious.

[Edited on 11-05-2011 by Jambo]

i dont think an officer would bother with you in that situation
M2RTY

11th May 11 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they wanted to reduce careless drivers then better education would be the way, but that costs money. So they just fine away instead.

Careless is different to dangerous too, btw
pow
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by pow

I'm going to get points i think

Thats cos you drive like a dick
pow
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was a joke btw paul
ed

11th May 11 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're giving the police the power to be judge, jury and executioner. Considering as most police officers are spotty kids, who were bullied at school and have sub-100 IQ's I see this could be a problem.
Jambo

11th May 11 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They tried to take me to court for driving with no insurance. When I had it. Said they had "never heard" of Adrian Flux so apparently that was evidence enough to take me to court.

That and they lost my producer details when I wentto the station. Then after weeks of threatening letters about them saying they will crush my car etc I got them to send my producer documents to court.

Weeks later a court date and another letter saying they are going to crush my car (I had yet to be proven guilty?!) then I had to chase again. Apparently the silly cunt who lost it sent the documents to the WRONG magistrates court They received said info and presumably binned it.

Shower of fucking cunts. Couple of guys round here I used to hang out with are coppers, both fucking lame and ex coke heads.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » careless driving fines 22 database queries in 0.0088670 seconds