corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Transferring a private plate

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Transferring a private plate
Butler

User status: Offline
11th May 11 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought my golf with a personalised number plate, I am interested in getting the original plate put back on the car but have absolutely no idea how to go about doing it. Most stuff I have so far read on the internet covers transferring private plates onto cars but no reversing the process. What do I need, and is there a fee?
Fro

11th May 11 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

V317 with relevant sections filled in
MOT
V5
£105
send to or take to your local DVLA office.

£105 consists of transfer (£80 - which you dont have to pay when you put the plate back on to a vehicle and £25 which is for 1years retention.)

done this 3 times in just over a year

Edit: Plate assigned should be the one it was given when orignally registered unless it has been used (which would be highly unlikely but i read that on a dvla leaflet/webpage when i first got my plate years ago.

[Edited on 11-05-2011 by Fro]
Butler

11th May 11 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont really want to retain the plate on the car, I just want the original one back on.
Fro

11th May 11 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think you can remove it without retaining it. not 100% sure though sorry.

best bet would be to give them a tinkle.

[Edited on 11-05-2011 by Fro]
Butler

11th May 11 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think this is the one I need, waiting to ring them on my lunch break http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_4009702.pdf
Fro

11th May 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt really fit in with the statements in section A unless its an age related private plate?
Butler

11th May 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I think its wrong actually. Just tried ringing DVLA, got the usual 'We are experiences a higher than normal call rate'.
grimmy

11th May 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is on the plate? try asking someone else if they want it, then if they pay the transfer fee to get it put on their car an it wont cost you anything to get yours back to origional, or you could maybe try selling it to one off the private plate companys if you just want rid of it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Transferring a private plate 22 database queries in 0.0080030 seconds