corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught speeding

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Caught speeding
Daveyroo

User status: Offline
15th May 11 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A little while ago I was flashed by a speed camera coming out of cambridge late at night after picking my brother up, my speedo was broken so i matched the speed of a bus in front of me, got flashed and it turns out i was going 36mph in a 30. Got a letter through and im guessing im going to get a fine and points?

typical that my friend got flagged down by a cop with a speed gun going 50 in a 30, didnt get anything, not even a fine, the cop let him off but made him change his front wheel (both front tyres were completely bald)

Sods law I guess, theres me doing 36 in a 30 with no speedo, and someone else doing 50 in a 30 with two bald front tyres and they get off with nothing, i get points and a fine, what a wonderful world
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 11 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

illegal to drive without a speedo, or something that tells you your speed, you should think yourself lucky for not getting points for an unroadworthy vehicle aswell
Paul_J

15th May 11 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heh, I accidently got zapped by a camera van today doing 80 in a 50 ... I've got 14 days of waiting ahead... oh well.
chrisritch

15th May 11 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got 6 points and a 366 fine for no insurance when moving a car off my drive.

My mums bf and my sister were nerly killed when a pallet of engine blocks fell off a wagon and they hit it as 50mph and all the driver got was 3 points and a £200 fine

Justice doesnt exist in this country
Ingham
Banned

15th May 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speeders gonna speed.
mattant

15th May 11 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveyroo
A little while ago I was flashed by a speed camera coming out of cambridge late at night after picking my brother up, my speedo was broken so i matched the speed of a bus in front of me, got flashed and it turns out i was going 36mph in a 30. Got a letter through and im guessing im going to get a fine and points?

typical that my friend got flagged down by a cop with a speed gun going 50 in a 30, didnt get anything, not even a fine, the cop let him off but made him change his front wheel (both front tyres were completely bald)

Sods law I guess, theres me doing 36 in a 30 with no speedo, and someone else doing 50 in a 30 with two bald front tyres and they get off with nothing, i get points and a fine, what a wonderful world

That's because one is a speed camera and the other is a person. Speed cameras are machines that do what ever they are told, humans are unreliable and don't.

If you passed a police car doing 36 you probably wouldn't have even been noticed.
daymoon
Premium Member

15th May 11 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ gtitim would have banned him for that.
Rich H

15th May 11 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
heh, I accidently got zapped by a camera van today doing 80 in a 50 ... I've got 14 days of waiting ahead... oh well.

Is it not a month these days?!
Daveskater
Premium Member

15th May 11 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
I got 6 points and a 366 fine for no insurance when moving a car off my drive.

My mums bf and my sister were nerly killed when a pallet of engine blocks fell off a wagon and they hit it as 50mph and all the driver got was 3 points and a £200 fine

Justice doesnt exist in this country
Was probably Kerry and Russ dressed up as police officers getting you back for chastising them for communicating over twitter.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
mattant

15th May 11 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe in 100 years all of the police will be replaced with robots and no one will get away with anything.

"In the future there will be robots"
Paul_J

16th May 11 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

Is it not a month these days?!

no idea... I'm not losing much sleep over it.
AndyCorsaSport

16th May 11 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Friend of mine was caught at 94 in a 40, summonsed to court, waited 5 months, went to court, 3 points and a £250 fine

[Edited on 16-05-2011 by AndyCorsaSport]
Rickavo

16th May 11 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got caught doing 37 in a 30 i think and got offered to just take a speed awareness course which took 4 hours and was just a load of people sat in a room with a guy at the front talking.

Dont have to tell insurers but you only get the 1, next time its points
Matty W

16th May 11 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Busses have a longer wheel base, it takes more time for the camera to register the front and rear wheels passing over the pressure pad hence why they can get away with doing 36. Just sayin
oceansoul

17th May 11 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by music1990
Busses have a longer wheel base, it takes more time for the camera to register the front and rear wheels passing over the pressure pad hence why they can get away with doing 36. Just sayin

Gatso cameras use radar
Butler

17th May 11 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rickavo
I got caught doing 37 in a 30 i think and got offered to just take a speed awareness course which took 4 hours and was just a load of people sat in a room with a guy at the front talking.

Dont have to tell insurers but you only get the 1, next time its points

I did this, was a whole day though, not four hours and it still costs enough
DaveyLC

17th May 11 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll probably get the offer for an speed awareness course at 36mph.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
illegal to drive without a speedo, or something that tells you your speed, you should think yourself lucky for not getting points for an unroadworthy vehicle aswell

No its not...
DaveyLC

17th May 11 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by music1990

Not true,

The Truvelo cameras only need to measure the pressure from one axle thats why there are three strips.
harrisp

17th May 11 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC

quote:

No its not...

MOT failure is it not? but not illegal to not have one.

Steve in misinformation non-shocker
Steve
Premium Member

17th May 11 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:

No its not...

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q601.htm

quote:
Any speedometer that is fitted to a vehicle must be kept in good working order whilst the vehicle is being used on a road. The penalty for failing to have a speedometer in good working order is a fine.

However, if the speedometer develops a fault whilst being used or a defect has been discovered then all steps must be taken to rectify the fault with reasonable expedition. This exception applies only when the defect develops and must be repaired before the next journey.

harrisp

17th May 11 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

quote:

No its not...

quote:
Any speedometer that is fitted to a vehicle must be kept in good working order whilst the vehicle is being used on a road. The penalty for failing to have a speedometer in good working order is a fine.

However, if the speedometer develops a fault whilst being used or a defect has been discovered then all steps must be taken to rectify the fault with reasonable expedition. This exception applies only when the defect develops and must be repaired before the next journey.

You're still wrong though, no points
Terry12

17th May 11 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:

quote:

No its not...

MOT failure is it not? but not illegal to not have one.

Steve in misinformation non-shocker

Not an MOT failure mate.
Daveyroo

17th May 11 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hope i get offered the course!
DaveyLC

17th May 11 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

quote:

No its not...

quote:

Thats applicable to EVERYTHING on a vehicle, if its fitted it should work but you're not going to get points for it you numpty.
Steve
Premium Member

17th May 11 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you were implying its not illegal to drive without a speedo, as you said no its not, the only part of what i said which that would make sense to is "its illegal to drive without a speedo" which it is, now you are just picking out a small innacuracy in my statement to make it appear that you werent wrong, when in fact if you were talking about my comment regarding points you would have said "no you cant" or similar

[Edited on 17-05-2011 by Steve]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught speeding 23 database queries in 0.3617740 seconds