corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Vectra 1.8 - X18XE1 Engine. Intermittent, goes completely flat fault.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vectra 1.8 - X18XE1 Engine. Intermittent, goes completely flat fault.
johnhara1

User status: Offline
19th May 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Friend of mine has a 51 plate Vectra B with the X18XE1 engine in.

Problem is, occasionally, you'll pull away normally then put your foot down and the car will not pull at all. I mean it's like you've disconnected the throttle cable, it will just sit at the same revs and not move. It's the same on the motor way, sit at 70, drop into 4th and nothing just flat and i mean flat like not even struggling but no miss or hesitation.

There is absolutely no hesitation or miss fire at all. Once the fault appears, if you let off the accelerator and change gear it will go away and drive mint for ages. It'll hard and drive great, the problem is intermittent.

What are your thoughts?

New Poll