corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Useless service at Ford.-- Update

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Useless service at Ford.-- Update
GTM

User status: Offline
23rd May 11 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Girlfriend brought a brand new KA last september and about a week later the fag socket stopped working so she spoke to the dealer and he said it was a fuse and a common fault when used with sat navs , only done 4k and there was a knocking noise coming from the drivers side. Booked the car in as the fag socket had gone again and the knocking had started. Turned out to be a ball joint and they said they would keep the car in and it would be ready to pick up at 3pm the next day, this was thursday. So friday 4pm and not a word from them so my girflriend called them and asked if it was ready to be picked up. After talking to about 3 people they said they would ring her back. Phone goes half hour later and they say they have ordered the wrong part and the car wont be ready until monday afternoon. Asked for a courtesy car but they said thats not possible
So 4pm today they ring her old phone even though she gave them her new number, her sister has her old phone so she gave them her current number. They rang her up and without even saying hello they just said "where is it?". After some confusion she finally explained the people at ford where after her locking wheel nut socket. Said they couldnt do the job today as they didnt have the correct locking nut socket to take the wheel off and the car will be ready 5pm tommorow now as its a 4 hour job
Her boss even offered to run it down to ford for her but they said it wasn't possible to fit it in today.
She is pregnant and needs her car more then ever and i think they have been pretty useless tbh. Never really heard alot of negative things about Ford dealers, anyone else had any trouble with them?

[Edited on 24-05-2011 by GTM]
t_benn_1

23rd May 11 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be wanting some compo mate,
I believe there was someone with similar situation got a full refund for there car and walked away
XE Col
Premium Member

23rd May 11 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ford are OK here, just a bad apple it seems?
Dave

23rd May 11 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair most dealers are pretty useless and their customer care leaves a lot to be desired. I don't see why so much value is put on dealer service history.
Obviously in this case you were forced to go as it's warranty work but a letter/email to Fords head office would be a good start if things aren't put right by the dealer.
Struggle to believe they don't have a locking wheel nut tool in a main dealers too.
GTM

23rd May 11 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
To be fair most dealers are pretty useless and their customer care leaves a lot to be desired. I don't see why so much value is put on dealer service history.
Obviously in this case you were forced to go as it's warranty work but a letter/email to Fords head office would be a good start if things aren't put right by the dealer.
Struggle to believe they don't have a locking wheel nut tool in a main dealers too.

Well i said to her mate where would you go if you lost the locking wheel nut tool? Surely a Ford dealership.
Dave

23rd May 11 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't even need the original key though unless it's a locking cap over the bolts like the old Corsa three spokes.
pow
Premium Member

23rd May 11 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A dealer without the facility to take their own brand of locking wheel nut off? Shocking.

Strongly worded letter to HQ should see your next service free.
LeeM

23rd May 11 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id be in there at 9am kicking off, if its a 4 hour job id expect it done by 1pm, but id also point out that a balljoint on a practically new car is a 2 hour job at most and they can get their reccomended service times to fuck
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd May 11 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't have the correct key to take the locks off every dealer has a master set sat there for occasions like that.
AlexW

23rd May 11 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You don't even need the original key though unless it's a locking cap over the bolts like the old Corsa three spokes.

Don't even need the original key for that, They all have the same pattern.
Stuart H

23rd May 11 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Don't have the correct key to take the locks off every dealer has a master set sat there for occasions like that.

Peugeot didn't when I worked there
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd May 11 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have every other Ford dealership I've been to have aswell
Ben G

23rd May 11 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will get a free service out of that at the very least mate.

my focus went in to have the sideskirts re-stuck to the bodywork being a friday car some knob jockey hadn't bothered preparing it properly.

they stuck them back on but caught one of my side stripes in the process so paid for some new ones but when they stuck the stripes back on, they overlapped the door shuts so just peeled straight back off.

i got a free first service (probably about 200 quids worth) because of the hassle. just write a letter to the dealership or ford customer services.
GTM

24th May 11 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well today she went to pick the car up. She went in and they took nearly half an hour to find her car!! It got worse, when she got back she noticed some stuff from the glove box was in the footwell. Opened the glove box and it just fell on the floor, broken the hinges on the side and decided to just not tell her.fucking fuming, off work tommorow so I'm going down there to sort this shit out. Top it off she had a magic tree in the side pocket that was for me and for no reason at all they have opened it and hung it up. Just one fuck up after another.

[Edited on 24-05-2011 by GTM]
Dave

24th May 11 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You couldn't even make this up, what are they thinking?
Fair enough the first mistake ordering the wrong part, everyone makes mistakes but you'd think after that they'd be out to make up for their cock up.
Definately time to speak to Ford customer service directly.
Ben G

24th May 11 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sounds as if they've let their apprentice mechanics sort the job out and they've fucked it up but not bothered letting their manager know because they would get fucked in the arse.
Andrew

24th May 11 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ford here have been alright. The van is a few years old now so don't get any cars on loan but the work is spot on.

Ford motors on the other hand This Ford Connect had had 2 starter motors, 4 alternators, a new battery and the injectors replaced. It's only done 48k and on an 07 plate. I do like the new Fiesta but unless work get me one i will keep reminding myself of the problems with this van.
Ben G

24th May 11 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a new fiesta and have had no problems at all.

some cars just have problems, some don't.

same with the engine we produce. theres bound to be a few that slip through the net with problems (loose flywheel bolts was one) but 99% are fault free.
daymoon
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i have a new fiesta and have had no problems at all.

some cars just have problems, some don't.

same with the engine we produce. theres bound to be a few that slip through the net with problems (loose flywheel bolts was one) but 99% are fault free.

is that the flywheel that YOU are supposed to bolt in?
Jake

24th May 11 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Ford here have been alright. The van is a few years old now so don't get any cars on loan but the work is spot on.

Ford motors on the other hand This Ford Connect had had 2 starter motors, 4 alternators, a new battery and the injectors replaced. It's only done 48k and on an 07 plate. I do like the new Fiesta but unless work get me one i will keep reminding myself of the problems with this van.

a mates mate had 3 starter motors and 6 alternators done on his connect
Ben G

24th May 11 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did put the bolt in yes but a robot torques the bolts up properly hence why it wasn't my problem
Andrew

24th May 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully work are going to get me a small car Ben. It's cheaper to run and i only carry a laptop around.

This van defo has some electrical issue somewhere.
Bonney

24th May 11 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mum and dad used to always use the local ford dealer until they had a string of bad service.

They took their focus in for a service and when they gpt it back it had remains of their lunch all over the seats, Turned out they decided to go for their dinner in it whilst doing a road test. They complained and got a free full valet and their next service and MOT for free.

Went in for the free MOT and service, Where they decided to give them a long list of parts that needed to be replaced. Mainly wipers, Brake pads and disks, tyres and shock absorbers. Their estimate came to over £800. The strange part was, It had new pads, disks and wipers on it before the service!

Needless to say the car was took from the dealers with some unkind words said to the manager and has never returned since!

As for fords reliability, On their Focus which they have had since it was 6 months old (Its a 2004 focus 1.6 ghia) all it has ever asked for is the basic service parts, a couple of new tyres brake pads and disks and a front suspension spring that snapped, Probably one of the most reliable cars they have had!
AndyCorsaSport

24th May 11 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
quote:

Don't even need the original key for that, They all have the same pattern.

No they dont. Ford's are colourd locking wheel nut keys. Orange, grey, red etc, different color, is a different pattern. Obviosly grey is the same as any other grey if thats what you meant.

As for main dealers, i wouldnt take fuck all there. Everytime ive dealt with a main dealer its been a shit service. I work in a small bodyshop, and for a small shop, we get lots of nice, decent cars in, Audi R8, Bently, M5 etc. Prople bring those cars to us, because of the customer service, they could quite easily go to a larger more well known shop, but they choose to come to us cause of decent customer service, which main dealers just dont have!
Graham88

24th May 11 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed with above.

My only real dealings with Ford Main dealers is being quoted £500+ labour for something.....guess what it was? Removing locking wheel nuts. I went to the local tyre place who did it for a score.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Useless service at Ford.-- Update 22 database queries in 0.0175879 seconds