corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » eml flashing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eml flashing
arizona ste

User status: Offline
24th May 11 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know this is the immobiliser i just put a new engine in changed the ecu chip and transpoder and its still flashing is there anyway around this or will i be able to go to the scrappy and get a new ecu chip and transponder
youngsezer

24th May 11 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont you need to put a code reader on to delete the codes, or does it not work the same for this fault?
arizona ste

24th May 11 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only flashes when ignition is on which indicates its immobiliser rather than eml been on when the car is running telling me that there is a fault somewhere
.Matt

24th May 11 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a similar problem, but with mine i can flick it off and back on and it starts, i put it down to a faulty chip .
arizona ste

24th May 11 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i read that somewhere must have been on another forum only thing is mine doesnt start at all
AlexW

24th May 11 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its all plugged in properly and the keychip is in the local area of the transponder, its not all matched the same and it won't work.

The ECU, Transponder and Keychip have to be from the same car.
arizona ste

24th May 11 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they were but i have had them a while now am just wondering if it might have been damaged so i was wondering if i would be able to go to the scrappy and get another set from another car
Ian
Site Administrator

24th May 11 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would be checking the loom first to ensure it's all got power and earths. When we did Mikes it was all matched but the box wasn't getting power which of caused those symptoms.

If it's a conversion or you've had the dash out that is certainly something I would do before buying more parts.

New Poll