corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How much is My car worth vs Parkers' and (now) Wisebuyers Valuation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How much is My car worth vs Parkers' and (now) Wisebuyers Valuation
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th May 11 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parkers has this for my Car; its a 2005, 54 Plate Jaguar X Type 2.0D SE

Original Price £24,195
Franchised Dealer £7,485
Independent Dealer £7,190
Private Good £6,390
Private Poor £5,000
Part Exchange £5,445

Those prices are for a mileage of 60,000miles; Mine's done 125,000 but is in good nick, give or take a few stone chips to the bonnet. No rust, interior is spot on, so how much would it be worth, private sale??

Autotrader and Pistonheads varies so much from £3,500 to £5,500 so not really sure where I'd pitch it if I sold it

[Edited on 24-05-2011 by LiVe LeE]

[Edited on 25-05-2011 by LiVe LeE]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4k - 4.5k
dan_m1les

24th May 11 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We sold one exactly the same yesterday part from an 03 with 80k red with cream leather, mint condition for £4500, only went for sale on Friday.
RichR
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best place to sell a car like this? I had no luck on Pistonheads or Autotrader with my A3; finally sold it through the local paper
Fonz
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you looked at Wisebuyers guide price?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Autotrader has worked the last few times for me. If it isnt selling the price is too high. Simples!

Costs a bomb though £35 for 2 weeks

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
24th May 11 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's not bad, Ebay will have about that off you by the time it's sold.

Edit - in fact that's probably cheap if they both sell.

[Edited on 24-05-2011 by Ian]
RichR
Premium Member

25th May 11 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
If it isnt selling the price is too high. Simples!

I think it was more the sheer volume of A3s on both sites. It sold through the local paper at what I asked for it.

I'll try wisebuyers now; hadn't heard of it tbf
RichR
Premium Member

25th May 11 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wisebuyers gives

Retail: £3,609
Private Good: £2,469
Private Average: £1,829
Private Poor: £1,139
Part Exchange: £2,219
Trade: £1,925

Which is massively different to Parkers. Which is most reliable, if I'm only going to get those sorts of prices, I won't bother selling and I'll run it into the ground
adiohead

25th May 11 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spent about £80 on Autotrader last year but got scared every time my phone rang and didn't answer it
3CorsaMeal

25th May 11 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldn't listen to the books much, i would look for other examples on the market and imagine your the buyer, if you had the money what looks the best deal to you.

[Edited on 25-05-2011 by 3CorsaMeal]
Brett
Premium Member

25th May 11 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i would listen to the books much, i would look for other examples on the market and imagine your the buyer, if you had the money what looks the best deal to you.

Exactly what I do. It's all about what else is for sale and at what price, not what some book says.
Jakey
Premium Member

25th May 11 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd think about the age of the person thats going to buy your car Rich. Stereotypical Jag driver is of an older age which screams to me that they won't be surfing Pistonheads and eBay looking for one.

I'd try with your local papers, Autotrader weekly mag etc.
Joe

25th May 11 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really, glasses guide is pretty spot on but obviously it's for traders. I see your point but that's pretty much the industry standard.

Online price guides are a load of shit though as you can tell by the massively varied prices there.

[Edited on 25-05-2011 by Joe]
Skylined

25th May 11 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
I spent about £80 on Autotrader last year but got scared every time my phone rang and didn't answer it

WTF
adiohead

25th May 11 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is glass's guide spot on?

quote:
Originally posted by Skylined
quote:
Originally posted by adiohead

WTF

don't laugh

it's not funny

I had about 30 calls from potential buyers and I just couldn't answer it. I really want to sell it to

[Edited on 25-05-2011 by adiohead]
s4k1b

25th May 11 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u have a phobia of answering your phone?
Brett
Premium Member

25th May 11 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Not really, glasses guide is pretty spot on but obviously it's for traders. I see your point but that's pretty much the industry standard.

Yeah and in theory the prices cars are on the market for and what it says in the book should go hand in hand, but it's still pretty useless using some guide when you can just look up how much cars are up for. For example, when I sell, I usually find similar cars with similar setups then make mine the cheapest. I don't like this 'waiting round for the right buyer' shite, when I wanna sell, I wanna sell it right away and I always do, never had a car up for sale longer than a few days before it sold.
adiohead

25th May 11 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by s4k1b
do u have a phobia of answering your phone?

Telephonophobia. Plus, I'm scared of people.

I blame the internet.
3CorsaMeal

25th May 11 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would put it up for sale and actually see how much interest there is for the jag.

i don't see it being easy to sell on
Brett
Premium Member

25th May 11 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i don't see it being easy to sell on

Should chuck in a free pipe and slippers and watch the phone light up!
Joe

25th May 11 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Yeah and in theory the prices cars are on the market for and what it says in the book should go hand in hand, but it's still pretty useless using some guide when you can just look up how much cars are up for. For example, when I sell, I usually find similar cars with similar setups then make mine the cheapest. I don't like this 'waiting round for the right buyer' shite, when I wanna sell, I wanna sell it right away and I always do, never had a car up for sale longer than a few days before it sold.

Yeah you're obviously pretty switched on and it works. It was mainly aimed at people who take the price from some website and expect to get £7k for a car worth £5k, Internet has a lot to answer for.
RichR
Premium Member

25th May 11 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All are black 2.0 Diesels

Spec/Reg/Mileage/Price

Sport/54/115,000/£4,450
Classic/54/120,000/£3,995
Sport/54/129,000/£3,995
Sport/53/118,000/£3,600
Classic/04/110,000/£3,585

Mine is an SE so sits between the Sport and Classic. Classic doesn't have leather and 16" basic alloys. Mine has full heated leather, 17" Alloys but doesn't have the painted chrome and grill/body add ons of the Sport

Pitching it at £3,900 seem reasonable and expect £3,500-£3,750??

[Edited on 25-05-2011 by LiVe LeE]
DaveyLC

25th May 11 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a buyers market.. I'd pretty much ignore book price unless you are px'ing..

Have a look on autotrader/ebay completed listing and work out a good average for the age/condition.
T21SVJ

25th May 11 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at my guide as a trade in you would get ruffly around 3.5k.

i would put it up for £3850 and take £3650.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How much is My car worth vs Parkers' and (now) Wisebuyers Valuation 23 database queries in 0.0187399 seconds