corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 205 gti question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 205 gti question
JayC

User status: Offline
4th Jun 11 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone how i can test if my ignition coil is wired right?

Basically, I took my car off the road for winter, come to start it yesterday and it didn't start. I used jump lead and got it to attempt to start but no ignition. I got a recovery guy round and it tested the usual and came to the conclusion that it might need a new coil. I fitted one today but stupidly forgot which wires i took off which part (postives and negatives). I have tried it now whilst still connected to jump leads but I'm not even getting turn over. I swappped the wires round just in case and I get the same, so now I don't know which way it should be.

I have two red wires connected to one side and the other there is a yellow and a green one.

Also anyone know what else it could be... the recovery guy mentioned it might be a crank sensor but wasn't sure if mine had one???

Any help would be appriciated cos I want to start using it now its winter, plus it needs an MOT by the 9th..

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 205 gti question 22 database queries in 0.0114100 seconds