corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » twitchy handling

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author twitchy handling
fattaff

User status: Offline
5th Jun 11 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got really twitchy handling on my 99 corsa b with pas,i've swapped wheels and tyres with diff alloys and still the same,i've also replaced front shocks with bilsteins oe and still the same,there's no play in wheel bearings and nuthin i can feel in lower arm,i've also replaced anti roll bar bushes,i know the racks were problomatic on corsa c but are there similar probs with b or are they just a little twitchy???? the car seems to track road banding and white lines etc and doesn't feel planted,like u r always fighting with the steering wheel,anybody had simliar probs any ideas ?? also got 95 corsa b with non pas,are racks swappable or column also ? cheers chris
Eddx14xe

5th Jun 11 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it do it on all roads at all speeds?

Mine was like this, thought it was my car. Until i was on the A10 which is really smooth and the car was fine. On roads around here i get to 80mph and it starts getting twitchy. But on the A10 i could comfortably sit at 90+ and it was fine
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

5th Jun 11 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you done the tracking recently?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
fattaff

5th Jun 11 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll get tracking checked,not done it since owning car in 3 years,,let u know how i get on ,ta
Jed D

5th Jun 11 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres also a possibility the caster (spelling) or camber could be out too. mine does this sometimes on country roads round bends when you get on/over the white like.
so yeah let us know how you get on pal
fattaff

22nd Jun 11 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to update-i've had the tracking done and it was 16mm out,according to ats? i,ve put 2 good part worn 15" tyres and wheels(from corsa c ) on front and on the short run home it feels better,i will take the long way into work tonite and explore its handling and let u all know,also geezer reckons that theres no play elsewhere and wants to recheck tracking in one month FOC,ta chris
fattaff

23rd Jun 11 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took car for a blast and its as bad as ever,prob looking at rack next? i've got a spare corsa to pinch bits off,does anyone know if its possible to swap pas steering with non pas,has anyone here done it ?
Eddx14xe

23rd Jun 11 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check your wheels are all round. It may sound simple but when i got my car it had 17inch alloys, not good for handling at the best of times. One of them was also buckled and handling was terrible. I got some new 15inch team dynamics and the handling improved alot. I can go go over 50mph without the car feeling like its going to flip over.
fattaff

10th Dec 11 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to complete thread in case anyone searching-problem sorted-i polybushed lower arms and also put 35mm lowering springs on front(used),and problem has gone,i think tho the prob was arms/bushes as one side was pretty shagged,altho mot time on shaker plates there didn't seem to be excessive play-lowering springs prob helped a bit as well tho ??

New Poll