corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rear suspension question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear suspension question
harrybanks

User status: Offline
19th Jun 11 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, I have a corsa b gsi and its lowered 60mm all round on 16 inch comp mo's

I want to lower the back 80mm, the arch gap atm on the rear seems a little tight, they have 195/45 tyres, would the tyres rub/touch the arch with some 80mm springs in the back?

Past experiences with speedlines etc?

Thanks

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
19th Jun 11 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speedlines are generally OK but the Comps may be a bit wider? Even at a high offset that will affect how they sit.
harrybanks

19th Jun 11 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are et49 but to be honest I dont know how wide they are, assume theyre same as speedlines/vaux wheels. Would have to check, but the 195/45 tyres sit the same as they would on cav fanblades in terms of looks if that makes sense
AlexW

19th Jun 11 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall build tollerances is crap so it depends, Between my two corsa's one rubs on the left side, other on the right side, and on both cars the opposite side has loads of space.

As long as its not really really close (as in cant fit a fag paper between the tyre and the arch) then it may well be ok, If it rubs like it normally does it will just be a case of bending the arch a little, or trimming the plastic trim, or as I've got to do at some point, cut down the studs for the arches.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rear suspension question 22 database queries in 0.0093610 seconds