corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Superchargers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Superchargers
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Jun 11 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started fitting one to my 206 gti track car

I've just copied the text from my project thread on 206info btw.

Started making the bracket to hold the SC to the engine.

It is going where the aircon pump used to live and due to it's length I'm getting rid of the oil filter housing and making a take-off plate to move the filter out the way.

Anyway, let the pics do the talking

Just to note, in those above pics, the M 8 studded bar is 10mm too short and is only a temp fit! It will be longer and have a nut on top too.

Bracket is now finished and cold zinc galvanised.

Next job is making the oil take-off plate.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
pow
Premium Member

25th Jun 11 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks hawt boss
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jun 11 at 23:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nicely nicely, wont you have to uprate any of the internals?
Ste
Premium Member

25th Jun 11 at 23:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, These are safe for 300bhp on standard internals and I won't be going more than 280 with that charger. That is being mocked up on my spare engine and once it's all right i'll swap it onto the car to keep it off the road as little as poss.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Corsa Sport Gav

25th Jun 11 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your intrested in a plate for the inlet pipe to go on, i made one at work for my mate when he was going to SC his car, ive still got the program saved i made for it.

Eck
Premium Member

25th Jun 11 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stevey,m that is ace you big shitcunt.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 00:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice, wish I could weld
Ste
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 01:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gav, how much with a 57 mm outlet on it? Did you make it with the outlet on it or is does it come with just the hole in it?
Steve, welding is easy, it's getting the welder set up right that's the main skill. Once you know how to set the different power and wire speed settings you're away.

Corsa Sport Gav

26th Jun 11 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll pm you
richc

26th Jun 11 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
gav, how much with a 57 mm outlet on it? Did you make it with the outlet on it or is does it come with just the hole in it?
Steve, welding is easy, it's getting the welder set up right that's the main skill. Once you know how to set the different power and wire speed settings you're away.

Yer easy for stuff like this, where it doesnt really matter what it looks like/levels of penetration dont really matter, its easy. But in the 'proper' world, where the welds are properly tested, it takes years to master to get it right every time
Jambo

26th Jun 11 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shall be watchig this with great interest
AK

26th Jun 11 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet jesus

Have a niggling thought in my head though.... If it aint broke, dont fix it

It was quite reliable before wasnt it???
N3CRO

26th Jun 11 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds awesomes.
What else is done to the car to give 280bhp with the S/C?
Ste
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
sweet jesus

Have a niggling thought in my head though.... If it aint broke, dont fix it

It was quite reliable before wasnt it???

Should still be reliable. It's never missed a beat apart from a seized alternator when it was on the road. There are a few of them about with around 300bhp and not having any problems at all.

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
Sounds awesomes.
What else is done to the car to give 280bhp with the S/C?

Uprated fuel injectors, stand alone management, fmic and custom inlet plenum will see 280.

Steve
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt mind supercharging mine when i have a second car
3CorsaMeal

26th Jun 11 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is a turbo harder/more expensive?

see loads of people first fit a charger and then rip it off and go down the turbo route instead
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure only disadvantage i can see is the supercharger is slightly less efficient then a turbo
SXi_Tim

26th Jun 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Impressive fabrication work mate, will be good to see what sort of figures you'll get from it.
Ste
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
not sure only disadvantage i can see is the supercharger is slightly less efficient then a turbo

you can also get more power on standard internals due to the linear power delivery and less stress on the engine and box. Loads easier to fit if there isn't off the shelf turbo kits too.

lee303

26th Jun 11 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks great, are you having the throttle before or after the charger?
Fad

26th Jun 11 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also the charger is a sealed unit meaning no need to provide oil ways and in theory will be more reliable. Will provide some nice linear power for track abuse!

Nice work Ste!
Ste
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee303
looks great, are you having the throttle before or after the charger?

I want it before ideally but it will be easier to mount it on the plenum. I'm going to see when it's mounted properly how everything fits.

lee303

26th Jun 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

makes it a bit of a bitch to map with it pre charger, and as you say mounting isn’t great, if you do have it before, make sure everything on the boost side is hard piped with as little an amount of silicon joiners possible as the vac the charger can create is mental, sucked 4 ply silicon hoses flat on the first incarnation of willays, i have the part number for the BMW bypass valve somewhere too if you need it
Ste
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

due to it being so low in the engine bay and the fact there will be loads of room up top I'll probably have it up top on the plenum. Can keep my standard throttle body and cable.

lee303

26th Jun 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the BMW bypass valve part number, about £60 iirc but a very nicely made bit of kit and a neat solution...

although you will need to run a vac feed rather than use its own ‘closed loop’ feed if you put the throttle upstream, easy enough though

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Superchargers 23 database queries in 0.0131679 seconds