corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Advice on sports?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice on sports?
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Jun 11 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically, looking to get a little run around and think i've found a half decent one for cheapish. Obviously don't wanna spend a lot on it due to having to save for another 5 door. How much would you be looking at paying for a '96 N reg 1.4 sport? 116k on the clock, MOT until March, TAX until Sep 2011. Bearing in mind it's only ~20 miles away from me so seems a pretty viable option. Cheers guys

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Ricky352

27th Jun 11 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£800 bearing in mind the near full MOT.

Thats alot of miles for a x14xe unless its been well looked after.
Paul W
Premium Member

27th Jun 11 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, that's the only thing that's making me a bit unsure on it tbh, from the pictures it looks pretty clean though. It's about the only one i've found round my area and i just need something to get mobile for as little money as possible which i could maybe sell and make my money back when i'm done with it y'know

Ricky352

27th Jun 11 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was going for a daily I'd favour an 8v to be honest in terms of reliability, but if the 16v is a good price and you think its ok then go for it.
Alex_Rally

28th Jun 11 at 05:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no were near 800, nore like 5-600
Chris x

28th Jun 11 at 06:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by geordie_corsa
no were near 800, nore like 5-600
Paul W
Premium Member

28th Jun 11 at 07:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, its currently up for £500, so thats about the going rate?

fazza

28th Jun 11 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably about 6-700ish with decent tax/mot, not worth a huge amount as the facelift sports can be had for not much more cash.

cant remember if it was the early sport or the sri(shared same interior) but one didnt have pas if that bothers you?
dan-sport

28th Jun 11 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ricky352
£800 bearing in mind the near full MOT.

Thats alot of miles for a x14xe unless its been well looked after.

its not alot of miles at all, my last corsa before it had its life cut short(non fault accident) was on 109k and ran like new and in the 2 weeks i had it i did 3k with out a single problem,

i've had good and bad experiences with the 16v vauxhall engines and "high" mileage ones have been more reliable then the low ones
dan-sport

28th Jun 11 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fazza
probably about 6-700ish with decent tax/mot, not worth a huge amount as the facelift sports can be had for not much more cash.

cant remember if it was the early sport or the sri(shared same interior) but one didnt have pas if that bothers you?

early sri's didn't have it fazza late sri's with the 16v and airbag wheel had powersteering
ShEp

28th Jun 11 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That mileage is nothing.

I had a P reg on 156k miles and it ran sound.

After I sold it, it made it to 175k miles before the bodywork let it down and a young lad left it to rot.
fazza

28th Jun 11 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ok cheers dan. late Sri/Early sports both shared the airbag wheel though. the 4 spoke fuck ugly one
Jed D

28th Jun 11 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a 1.6 v reg with 80 odd k, almost full test and a bit of tax, already lowered on jamex full kit, alloys, decent body work all MOT'S, local. for just over £400, only bad points the tyres were too big and rubbed the placky arches off and its had a front end shunt before, not bad but for £400 i got a bargain
Paul W
Premium Member

28th Jun 11 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Power steerings not a problem if it has or hasn't got it. Just as long as I can run it around for a while and sell it when I'm done to get my money back sorta thing

Paul W
Premium Member

28th Jun 11 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to view it tonight.

Here's the car - just in case anyone wants to look

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201126394051868/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/corsa/make/vauxhall

Can anyone do a check on it? make sure it's not been in any accidents etc, cheers peeps

tom130691
Premium Member

28th Jun 11 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good to me its histroy should be on the v5 read it before buyin it
Paul W
Premium Member

28th Jun 11 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, it was a shitter

shaunmods
Premium Member

28th Jun 11 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
Lol, it was a shitter

What was up with it Paul?
Paul W
Premium Member

28th Jun 11 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rusted, arches hanging off, crack in the windscreen to name but a few things. Not worth £200 let alone £500

The hunt for a run-around continues along with the hunt for a clean rio verde 5 door GLS haha

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
28th Jun 11 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So offer him £200?

It's got MOT and tax so it's actually worth more than that. Not sure you'll find a nice one for that money, they're all going to have some problems.

Cosmetic stuff shouldn't put you off if you just want it reliable. Be careful you don't end up with something covered in polish that hasn't been serviced.
Paul W
Premium Member

28th Jun 11 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He said he wasn't going lower than 500, i said good luck and walked away. The crack in the windscreen btw wasn't just a little one, was a massive one, looked like the wiper arm had hit it.

tom130691
Premium Member

28th Jun 11 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would look at ones around 850ish look in better condition

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Advice on sports? 23 database queries in 0.0132840 seconds